Author Topic: Points Formula's  (Read 1992 times)

paulpitchford

• View Profile
Points Formula's
« on: September 13, 2010, 01:58:24 PM »
Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me?

We have been running tournament director all year to run our tournaments (we ran it manually the year before). We have previously awarded the players based on their cash prize totals at the end of the year. The stats tab does this easily as we just sort by the 'Total Winnings' column.

As we haven't used a points formula during the season, is there anyway we can now use a formula to see how the league would look with points vs total cash?

I think that because the numbers vary for our monthly game, the cashes may change the face of the league table. For example, if one month 30 players arrive then obviously 1st that month is going to pay more that 1st the next month when only 21 turn out.

Ideally what I want to be able to do is see "what would have happened" if we had used points instead. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Paul.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Points Formula's
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:47:14 AM »
Certainly, and easily.  On the Stats tab, edit your stats Filter and enter formulas for Tournament Scoring and one of the Overall Scoring formulas.  You can use the default formulas if you want, or use them as an example (look in the Default filter to see those).

Then press the Refresh Tourneys button again.  Make sure the Overall Score column is displayed to see the results.

paulpitchford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
Hi Corey,

Thanks for your help. Well this is what I guessed to be honest but I can't seem to get it working correctly.

I have set a filter up that picks this league up for the period we played and it displays it perfectly. Then after pressing the "Tournament Scoring" button I have entered a filter that I found on the forum of :

switch(r, 1, 100, 2, 50, 3, 35, 4, 25, 5, 20, 6, 15, 7, 10, 8, 5)

This isn't exactly how we'd score things but it was a start to test I have it working. Unfortunately having refreshed the tournaments, all that happens is that most peoples overall score is 100.00 and then everyone below has 99.xxx or 98.xxx. This isn't what I'd expected. I expected the guy who finished top of the league to have a score of, let's say, 500+.

Do you see what I mean? Am I going wrong somewhere?

Thanks for your help,

Paul.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 12:07:03 AM »
What did you put for the Overall Formula?

paulpitchford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 04:33:47 AM »
What did you put for the Overall Formula?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 02:24:41 PM »
You put

in both your Tournament Scores formula and your Overall Scores formula inputs?

I'm going to take a guess and assume you want to add up the Tournament Scores for each tournament (for each person).  To do this, set the Overall Scores formula to:

sum(scores)