Author Topic: Looking for sound files  (Read 160892 times)

Jedi Master

• View Profile
Re: Looking for sound files
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2007, 11:10:08 PM »
Thanks Bixby,

I have decided to offer a complete set of sounds with all necessary parts to edit each sound bites with numerical values to anything you'd like it to be, FOR FREE!! I'll include an e-mail address in the manual for donations if you really like it.  Sound file editing is rather tedious but well worth the effort.  I will write a pdf user manual for the sound files and the included Ready to go tournaments.  I'll make it all downloads here in the Forum as zip files.  All sound files will be mp3 format.

Trying to sell sounds for TTD on CD is too much hassel in shipping for very little profit per unit.  Of course its for personal use only.  I'll sell licenses for commercial use.

I will also offer a Ready-To-Go Hold Em tournament for the most common and practical blind structure. It will be a tournament for up to 20 players that lasts about 4 to 4-1/2 hours.  This will be a tournament in SIMPLE MODE and it should be good for people new to TTD and a good starting point to edit for the experienced users.

I should have it ready in a month or so,  maybe mid November.  A combination of sounds you are already using and the new ones I'll be offereing should improve your TTD.

When its all done, I'll create a new thread for it.  I'll ask Corey and anyone else to do a review.  If the reviews are favorable, maybe it can be a sticky.

Keep an eye out for it in November.

I do have one question.  Does anyone know how to do a screen capture of TTD dialog boxes in a format thats compatible to insert them into a MS Word or Word Perfect?

Jedi Master  ;D  ;D

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 11:13:22 PM by Jedi Master »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2007, 06:16:49 PM »
The Printscreen button will do a screen capture and place it on the system clipboard (which you can then insert into a paint program or Word, etc).  Holding Alt while pressing Printscreen will capture only the currently in-focus window (or dialog box, etc).

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2007, 08:28:25 PM »
Thanks Corey.

I'll give that "print screen" trick a try.

;D

Watson

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2007, 01:42:40 AM »
Was thinking last night, the countdown timer from 24 would be a good blinds going up timer, anyone able to pull that up from anywhere?

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2007, 03:09:26 PM »
Hello folks,

Here are few "previews" of sound bites that will be included in the "Ready to Go" Tournament that I am working on. 

These are PLAYER RE-BUY event sounds with comments . . . and a couple of Hot Key event sounds.

A player having to re-buy usually means he just lost a big pot and is a little hot under the collar . . .   when a comment is made about his play from a computer . . .  one of the come back from a player is "shut up bitch !!".  The hot key events are the come back you can trigger as if the computer is responding to the comment made by the player.

Files including the "RTG_PL_RBC_nnn" are the Player Re-Buy event sounds.  Files including "RTG_HK_COM_nnn" are the Hot Key event sounds for a come back if the player makes a comment at the computer.

Enjoy

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2007, 10:54:45 PM »
those are good dude... I'm scoopin em... did you say you are created a whole sound event theme? That would be awesome... I'll be looking out for them

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2007, 01:06:58 AM »
Hello folks,

Here is a set of sounds for HAND TIMER events . . .  Jeopardy timer tune.

Create an event to start at 59 seconds left on the hand timer using the Jeopardy tune.

Create an event to play the Clock Tick at 40 sec., 30 sec and 20 sec. left

Create an event to play starting at 16 seconds left using the same Jeopardy tune.

And finally, create an event using the Buzzer sound when the hand timer reaches zero.

enjoy !!

lukechris

• View Profile
GOT LAODS OF SOUD FILES (MORE ON POST BELOW)
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2007, 04:06:45 AM »
HERE ARE SOME BLIND FILES. PLEAEE READ THE README. THE REST OF THE SOUND FILES ARE ON THE POST BELOW

LUKE
Luke, 2007

lukechris

• View Profile
THE REST
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2007, 04:09:22 AM »
HERE ARE THE REST OF THE SOUND FILES (PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BOTTOM FILE HAS TO BE PLACED AT THE END OF EVERY ROUND. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE READ THE README
Luke, 2007

lukechris

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2007, 06:43:52 AM »
instead of using printscreen you can also use a free thing called screen hunter wihich allows to capture just a spectific area and also to save in different formats too

Luke
Luke, 2007

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2007, 06:26:12 PM »
Ok . . .

These sound files, at the bottom,  is a special request from Quake.

THE  READY-TO-GO TOURNAMENT (RTG)  is almost ready !!  I've had a busy 4 weeks with my day job.  Between the day job and running my studio in the evenings has left me very little time to work on the RTG.  Cory has reviewed it and gave me the thumbs up.  He can not "officially" back it up because it contains copyrighted sounds and images . . . though most are "public domain".

I am currently working with him to figure out the easiest delivery method.  When its done, it should be "one click INSTALL". . .  the same way you installed the TTD.

The RTG should greatly enhance the TTD experience for the new users . . .  and, it should serve as a great template to start with for all you tweakers of all levels.  Included will be all the necessary sound bites to edit all numerical values so you can customize your game (hold-em, omaha, 7 stud, hi-low etc.) and Buy-In amounts, Re-Buy, Amounts, binds etc.

The RTG will come with an extensive pdf. manual (that I wrote and reviewed by Corey)  to make using the RTG as easy as possible.

I will start a new thread to download the RTG and a thread for your reviews of the RTG.  I am also planning to create one that does not include any copyrighted material so that Corey can offer an "official" version . . . which will be slightly less humorous.

LOOK FOR IT IN A WEEK OR TWO !

Sounds requested by Quake :

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2007, 01:45:12 PM »
Another request from Quake.

rm94quake

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2007, 02:16:54 PM »
Another request from Quake.

Thank you very much!!

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »
Jedi master,

I really like the samples of the sounds you posted, are the complete set ready?  Or does anyone know or have it?

GreenAcres

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2008, 02:14:58 AM »
Here's a sound file I use for the 1 minutes warning during a break.