Author Topic: Sit n Go mode  (Read 2418 times)

BaptX

• View Profile
Sit n Go mode
« on: November 27, 2012, 04:17:40 PM »
Hi there,

I have to use TD in any tournament I organized. With my club, a Sit N Go competition exists.

The problem is TD is only for MTT.

Do you know if it's possible to configure for example 4 tables, with different number of player on each table, and avoid to move them to another tables ? It would permit us to determine, when we will save the file, to see who bust on each table and who is the winner ?

Maybe we can imagine a point system which permit TD to calculate easily points for each player.

What do you think about that ?

PS : Sorry for my english, it's not my foreign langage

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Sit n Go mode
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:58:24 PM »
sounds like Flights and Multiple Tournaments to me, which has already been requested for commercial use, TD3's nowadays only real weakness against other commercial software's.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:06:56 AM »
Would locking all players in their seat work?

Chuck

BaptX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 08:35:32 AM »
Don't know, that what i ask about sit n go mode.

I will test tonight, and make a feedback after.

But if the player is locked, maybe the soft don't authorize to bust him...

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 01:31:14 PM »
Locking the players in the seat deals with player movements, and those players definitely are able to be moved. When tables are collapsed, every effort will be made to keep them in their seats, but if that table is collapsed, they will move to a new seat, and I believe be locked in to the new seat. There are other threads that talk about a round-about way to do it, but there is not currently a fool proof way to do it, especially if you're looking to track chip counts with it. To prevent player movement, you can un-check the "automatically suggest player movement" box, and then you would manually move players.

What's been suggested (from what I recall): Buy in players for day 1A, play out til day ends, move to seperate table, and lock in their seats. Reset, and repeat for each day. Another suggestion: create a league for day 1a. everyone that plays 1a is a part of it. Once busted, remove from the league.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

BaptX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 12:54:07 AM »
When you lock the sits, the soft still move players from a table to another when the number of players is different; this is not a good way to do sit n go mode I think.

@ Magic_fubu
What do you mean by "players for day 1A" ? My objective is to have each table of sit n go tournament on the same screen, and show positions of players, and history of each table.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:06 AM »
Remember that seating changes are SUGGESTIONS.  The software will not automatically move anyone.  You have to approve all movement.  And you can disable movement suggestions.  Then the software won't do anything regarding player seating and movement.  You'll have to do it manually (which is what I assume you want).

Settings window -> Tables tab -> Settings -> Automatically suggest player movement

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »

What do you mean by "players for day 1A" ? My objective is to have each table of sit n go tournament on the same screen, and show positions of players, and history of each table.

Since you're looking to run SnG, that wouldn't apply to you. That would apply if you plan on running a tournament like the WSOP Main Event, where they have too many people to have them all play day one together, so they split the players up into groups. One group plays day one (1A), the next group plays the next day for their day one (1B), and so on.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!