Author Topic: Displaying per-player chip quantities on layout screen  (Read 3655 times)

KanedNUnable

• View Profile
Displaying per-player chip quantities on layout screen
« on: May 12, 2012, 04:54:28 AM »
Hi all,

Firstly I'm a newbie with this software, have just downloaded it for a trial now in preparation for the home league we're setting up.  To Corey if you read this, kudos to you sir - this is some pretty sweet software :)

Anyway, does anyone in the community know if it's possible to display the 'per player chip quantities' (set on the Chips tab) as part of a pre-tourney screen?

I can see the <chips> token displays the colour and value of each chip in my set, but additional to that I'd like to display the number of each chip a player receives too if possible...

Anyone know if this can be done please?

Many thanks :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Displaying per-player chip quantities on layout screen
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
Hmm, I feel like this was possible but I can't find any way to do it.  I'll have to add a layout token to do it.

KanedNUnable

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 09:45:38 PM »
Hey Corey,

Thanks for the fast reply.

No worries, if you could make such a token available please that'd be sweet.

I notice from another of your posts last month that you mentioned there will be profiles available for buy-ins, rebuys & add-ons in the upcoming release 3.2 - do you have any idea roughly when that release might be available please, and do you think you'd be able to squeeze this token into that release too?

Cheers
K

KanedNUnable

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 10:46:16 PM »
Corey I just started noticing something, and can't work out if I'm doing something wrong or there's some kind of bug perhaps...

I have created a master layout screen, which I then want to copy and make a secondary screen with just a few different tokens in the middle column.  So I select 'new screen' then copy from 'main screen' which populates the secondary screen as I'd expect.

But then, as soon as I make any changes to cells/tokens on one screen, the other screen also updates - it's like they're now linked and set to remain identical.

Is that expected behaviour?

I assumed that when I copy a screen, I'd just be copying it as a starting point then could update both screens independently of each other...?

Cheers
K

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »
Just copy the cell and rename it... like tournament info  & tournament info 2 so any changes in 1 wont reflect on 2

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 01:41:28 PM »
I notice from another of your posts last month that you mentioned there will be profiles available for buy-ins, rebuys & add-ons in the upcoming release 3.2 - do you have any idea roughly when that release might be available please, and do you think you'd be able to squeeze this token into that release too?

No idea yet when the release will be ready.  I'm trying to make the releases a little more frequent, but I've just had more limited time lately and I've got a number of features in it that are each only about halfway complete, so I can't even "trim down" the release and get it out sooner, I've got to finish the items I've started at this point.  As for getting the new token in, I'll try, but I can't make any promises.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »
Corey I just started noticing something, and can't work out if I'm doing something wrong or there's some kind of bug perhaps...

I have created a master layout screen, which I then want to copy and make a secondary screen with just a few different tokens in the middle column.  So I select 'new screen' then copy from 'main screen' which populates the secondary screen as I'd expect.

But then, as soon as I make any changes to cells/tokens on one screen, the other screen also updates - it's like they're now linked and set to remain identical.

Is that expected behaviour?

I assumed that when I copy a screen, I'd just be copying it as a starting point then could update both screens independently of each other...?

Cheers
K

Expected.  For any given Cell, there's only one.  When you insert it into a screen, you are essentially inserting a "reference" to that cell.  This allows you to insert the same cell multiple times, or on multiple screens.  But since there's only one actual copy of the cell, any changes to one will be reflected in all of them.  Timmer has the right answer.  If you want to use the same cell somewhere else but make it different, then it needs to actually be a different cell.  So copy the cell and give it a new name, then make the changes.

KanedNUnable

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 02:30:12 AM »
Timmer/Corey,

Thank you both for the replies.  That makes sense now - I thought initially that I was trying to add a different cell, but now you mention it I suspect I was trying to change the value/contents of the cell, which would of course update on any screens where that cell is used...  D'oh!  Apologies, still getting used to the setup :)  Which by the way, the more I play with it the more I feel this is an immense piece of software - I just can't believe how customisable the system is!  It beats the competition by a country mile...

Corey, totally understand what you're saying about the releases - I look forward to v3.2 whenever it may be ready, and if the token I asked about gets included then all well and good - if not, it's not the end of the world because I can always hard code the starting chip values into a new screen - will just take a bit extra work to cater for different types of tourneys with different starting stacks, but certainly possible I think...

Anyway thanks again for the replies, much appreciated to both.

Cheers
K

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 11:22:48 AM »
Don't apologize.  We're all here to help each other.  :)