Author Topic: RE: Efficient way to order event actions  (Read 2674 times)

DaveBullets

• View Profile
RE: Efficient way to order event actions
« on: February 20, 2008, 04:51:11 AM »
I got around 80 sounds that will randomly play when a player busts out.  Is there a more efficient way to move the action (sound file) up or down? 

Say if I want to move the 80th action (sound file) up to #1, must I right click the action and select "move up" and continue to do so 80 times?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Efficient way to order event actions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:26:06 AM »
I guess at the moment the answer is yes.  But I would venture a guess that your situation is the exception rather than the rule.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 01:20:16 AM »
Does the order of the event actions play a part in regards to priority?  Do the event actions on top play more often than the ones on the bottom? 

If so, then I think it would be ideal to have a way to order the actions more efficiently since new actions are listed at the bottom rather than the top.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:43:25 AM »
Sort of, but not in the way you may be thinking.

If you've got multiple actions that play sounds, or multiple actions that display messages, then how they are executed when the event is fired depends on the action settings in that particular event (play the next sound, play one of the sounds at random, etc).

Other than those exceptions, the actions are carried out in order.  So if you have an event with 3 actions (play a sound, pause the clock, save the tournament), it would carry out those actions in that order.  Not really that important, but you never know.  If you saved the tournament first, depending on the size of your tournament and the speed of your PC, that could take several seconds to complete, and the clock would not get paused and the sound would not be played until after that occurred.  So, you may want to pause the clock first, then play the sound, and then save the tournament.  That way you get the clock paused exactly when you wanted it to be, and the sound plays while the tournament is being saved...

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »
So if I just had all my bust out sounds to the setting: play one of the sounds at random, it wouldn't matter which sound is at 1 or which is at 80 right?  (I don't have any other conditions other than that setting)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 03:19:32 PM »
Correct.

And 2.5 will allow sorting of event actions.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 11:15:06 AM »
Excellent.  Thanks Corey.