Author Topic: Bug: Crash when using # of Tables as condition for property set  (Read 3287 times)

_Hithere_

• View Profile
The title says it all.  I can't get the system to work using number of tables as a condition for display proprerties.  Every time I set it up and click OK, the next time I try to either edit the same field, or show the layout page, I get an error.  I am using number of players instead for now, but it's a bit less clean a transition than working it by tables would be.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug: Crash when using # of Tables as condition for property set
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 11:20:23 AM »
Can you be more specific?  And posting the details of the error would be extremely helpful.

I tried setting the conditions of a Property Set, changing the "Tables remaining" conditions.  I tried a lot of combinations, and didn't get an error.

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 01:14:39 PM »
This is what I get:

Cannot assign to '[number]' (pageLayout: 3631)

And when I click OK on that, this comes up:

Object doesn't support this property or method (pageLayout: 1)
 at _showDialog(Boolean, String, Array, String, Function, Number, Number, null)
 at showDialog(String, Array, String, Function, Number, Number)
 at cellPropertiesDialog(Number)

it happens when I set tables = 2 on conditions. 

Since my original post, I have been experimenting:  If I avoid using the = sign, and do everything by > and <, I can get it to work, (sort of) 
I still have to either wait til another round starts, or get to my keyboard and press F2 to make the change take effect, and for what I am using it for it dramatically changes the size of the cell if it's on the wrong setting, which messes up the rest of the screen.

Is there a way to make this refresh by itself, or put a button on the screen for it?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 03:12:36 PM »
OK, I get it now.  And I can reproduce it.  Simple bug, can't believe it got by, I will fix it for the next release.

I think I'm going to try to add an "Advanced..." buttons on the Conditions dialog that would allow you to enter the conditions formulaically.  It would be easier for those more mathematically inclined, and be more powerful.

I'm not sure what you mean about making the change take effect.  Unless this is a side-effect of the bug, the screen should always "refresh" automatically.