Author Topic: Blurry Text  (Read 1411 times)

brianb10

• View Profile
Blurry Text
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:13:11 AM »
I have downloaded the latest TD to try out.  Some of the text on the tournament screens (blind schedule, tournament, seating chart etc) is blurry.  Is this an issue with my display or is this just because I am in the trail stage.  I like what I see so far and will probably purchase a license but am hesitant if the screens will be blurry.  I have no issues with anything else being blurry on my display.  FYI, I am using a laptop connected to a monitor via HDMI (text is blurry whether I use the external monitor or the laptop display).  Thanks in advance.

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Blurry Text
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:29:12 AM »
I have no issues like that.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:50:26 AM »
It's definitely not a trial/evaluation thing.  And I can't see it being a TD thing at all.  I would say it sounds like a connection issue, but you say it is blurry on the external display and the laptop display.  Can you provide a screen shot?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:55:28 AM »
I know this may sound silly, but have you tried rebooting the computer, starting up TD, and then connecting the external display? There's been a few issues that I've had with my computers over the years that have just vanished with doing just that (at least the rebooting), so this may help take care of it. I definitely echo Corey here, definitely not a TD issue. I use an external display all the time and never had a blurry screen (even with connecting it prior to turning on my laptop). My question is this: does the blurry text/screen happen only with TD, or is it all the time? If it's all the time, it just may be that the refresh rate may be incompatable with the computer that you're using, and needs adjustment (Usually 60Hz is good for most computers).
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 11:23:27 AM »
I think I have it figured out.  It's the shadowing on the font making it look blurry.  Turn that off and it's ok.  I just need to find all the places it's turned on.  Is there a reason for the shadowing that I am missing as it was a default setting?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »
Is there a reason for the shadowing that I am missing as it was a default setting?

It looks nicer.  At least on most displays.  :)