Author Topic: Help with background image  (Read 1945 times)

killians

• View Profile
Help with background image
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:09:12 PM »
Before my old computer went up in flames and I lost all previous files, I used to have a layout I liked. It has been over a year since I hosted a tournament so I am building things from scratch again. Layouts have always been difficult for me.

My current problem is I'd like to use four different background images (the four suits) and have them randomly used as a background during each level. I just want one randomly selected for that round when it starts. Is that possible?

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to have my global properties override all backgrounds other cells may have set up. Any idea what I may need to do for that? If anything, that is the most basic problem. I can live without the first thing being possible.

Ryan

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Help with background image
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »
You'll have to create screen sets, that much I know for sure. Exactly how to go about it, I'm not 100% sure of myself, but it is possible to do both of which you're asking.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with background image
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »
You can only define a single background image for a screen, so in order to have 4 different background images for the same screen, you'll actually have to create a screen, and then make 3 copies of it, and assign to each one a different background image.  But there's no way to randomize the screen selection.  You'd have to make the first screen for round 1, the second for round 2, etc.

Assuming you've created 4 copies of the same screen, each with a different background image, you could then create 4 Screen Sets, each containing only one of the 4 screens.  Then set the conditions for the first Screen Set to (using "Advanced Conditions"):

level % 4 = 0

Set the conditions of the 2nd Screen Set to:

level % 4 = 1

Set the conditions of the 3rd Screen Set to:

level % 4 = 2

Set the conditions of the 4th Screen Set to:

level % 4 = 3

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to have my global properties override all backgrounds other cells may have set up. Any idea what I may need to do for that? If anything, that is the most basic problem. I can live without the first thing being possible.

I'm not really sure I know what you're asking for this one.  On the Screen Properties (press the Properties button in the Screen Controls section), there are options to "Override all background colors (make them transparent)" and "Override all borders (turn them off)".  Is this what you're looking for?

FYI, you didn't mention what version of the software.  The above is valid for version 3.