Author Topic: trouble saving games  (Read 2592 times)

jalimamba

• View Profile
trouble saving games
« on: December 09, 2006, 11:57:20 AM »
I love this software! Reallly adds to our games. We play 3  tourneys a night and i'm having trouble getting the stats. I save each game after its finished with a new name. When the night is done and i look at the stats there is always 1 game that show as incomplete. I'm pretty  sure i save each game exactly the same. They are all shown in the saved folders. Why would 1 be incomplete??

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: trouble saving games
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 12:16:02 AM »
Are you sure it isn't the sample game that comes with the software?

On the Stats tab, press the Info button and you should see information about each tournament file that the program found when you pressed "Refresh Tourneys".

jalimamba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 09:36:21 PM »
Yes its not the sample,its one of my own games. I guess i better write  down the info as players get knocked out. that way i can run a mock game and not lose any more important data.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »
Use the Info dialog on the Stats tab to determine which tournament file is showing as incomplete.  Then, go to the Game tab and load the tournament.  Is it still in progress or is the tournament over?

If the tournament is over (and the mini-clock in the upper-left hand corner says "GAME OVER"), yet the Stats tab labels it incomplete, send the tournament file to me and I'll look into it.

jalimamba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 06:14:03 PM »
We had another 2 tournaments last night and 1 of them is being listed as incomplete when i check out the stats. When i load up the inconplete games it shows the games as ready to start. Not game over. I guess i'm doing something wrong when i save them but i don't know what it could be cuz sometimes they work. I make sure it says game over before i save them. hmmm once i save the game i just reset it  and play onother and give it another name.

britnt7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 11:33:54 AM »
Sounds to me that you reset the tourney before renaming it.

I would recommend resetting the tourney and start using that as your template. Just open your template tourney and do a save as (using a different name) once your ready for your next tourney. This way you can save this tourney and won't have to ever reset another tourney. Does this make sense or should I elaborate more?

Tim

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 11:40:38 AM »
My guess would be the same.  You can also set one of your saved tournaments as the "default" tournament.  Then, when you start the Tournament Director, or when you press the "New" button to create a new tournament, it will load the saved tournament and reset it, including the filename.  By resetting the filename, you will be forced to press "Save As..." and provide a new name.  The "Save" button will be disabled.  No accidentally writing over a saved tournament file.

You can set the default tournament by pressing the "Config Files" button on the Preferences tab.