Author Topic: Problem with importing file  (Read 4629 times)

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
Problem with importing file
« on: July 02, 2017, 08:16:48 PM »
The way I'm running my tournament, every tournament name are added using an CSV File (you know how i work Corey). I use the same CSV file as before, with the Column names and the information under it. But for some reason TD3.4 see  the list but show me error when i look at the new "view" option under it.  The first line 1. with all the column name is fine and recognize. Line 2. and 3.  (because i had only 2 names) show all the right info but in red. No matter what is checked or not (looking at DB and/or the tournament list). in the option  it seems TD3.4 don't accept them.

If its just a matter of changing the way my file is done i have no problem. Otherwise i need this option to work since it is the only way we are registering players in our tournament.

Thanks in Advance and well done for the interface. Everyone that work with it here really like the new look. Its more 2017, look smooth, more clear, Great job

P.S. Unrelated other question, the Table interface, if we are not using the picture (not sure yet if we will or not) is there any way to revert to the old kind of table interface? When we have a tournament with 40 tables or so its gonna be crazy to scroll around.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 08:20:15 PM by Asegzamfire »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with importing file
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 11:39:42 PM »
The way I'm running my tournament, every tournament name are added using an CSV File (you know how i work Corey). I use the same CSV file as before, with the Column names and the information under it. But for some reason TD3.4 see  the list but show me error when i look at the new "view" option under it.  The first line 1. with all the column name is fine and recognize. Line 2. and 3.  (because i had only 2 names) show all the right info but in red. No matter what is checked or not (looking at DB and/or the tournament list). in the option  it seems TD3.4 don't accept them.

If its just a matter of changing the way my file is done i have no problem. Otherwise i need this option to work since it is the only way we are registering players in our tournament.

Send me a screenshot of what you are seeing.  And the file you are importing and I'll look.  Send it to support@thetournamentdirector.net

Thanks in Advance and well done for the interface. Everyone that work with it here really like the new look. Its more 2017, look smooth, more clear, Great job

P.S. Unrelated other question, the Table interface, if we are not using the picture (not sure yet if we will or not) is there any way to revert to the old kind of table interface? When we have a tournament with 40 tables or so its gonna be crazy to scroll around.

Thanks!  And yes, as usual most things are controlled via a preference.  Look on the Preferences tab in the Display section.  You can turn images off specifically for the Tables tab.  Other tabs are controlled by the columns you select for view.  But since you can't control the "columns" on the Tables tab, the Preferences has a setting for it.

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 12:03:20 AM »
Great thx, i send the files in a minute

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 04:40:24 PM »
It looks like I broke this with the introduction of player images.  Easy to fix, but there's no way to workaround it in the meantime.  It will be fixed in 3.4 final.