Author Topic: First seating  (Read 833 times)

joecpa

• View Profile
First seating
« on: September 09, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »
At my tournament we have a lot of married couples who play together.  They hate getting seated at the same table as their spouse on the inital seating.  If they get moved later in the game, then that is just the way it is.

So is there any way to tell TD that on the inital seating do not sit player a and player b at the same table?

Thanks,
Joe

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: First seating
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »
I dont think that its possible at the moment. All i can suggest is, go to the table tab and manually drag the players to different tables. As players are eliminated you may find that you are restricted as to where you move players, and you may find that when the numbers get down you may find it inevitable to have couples sitting next to each other
This is also a problem when you run a team game.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 04:21:36 PM »
you have 2 options available.  For smaller games check the draw before displaying the seating positions, and if couples are seated together reseat them manually by as mahound does dragging them across.  For larger tournaments where it would be difficult to check couples or teams, seat them and then manually move those players.  For example in team events a table with multiple team members would raise their hand and they would then be moved to another table as close as possible to their initial seating position.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

joecpa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 04:23:08 PM »
I appreciate the replies.   TD does so much stuff that I can't even comprehend it all. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  The first tourney we held and couples were together we just had them switch and then I manually moved them in TD.
I think next time I will just look at the seating chart and move them before I show the crowd the seating chart. 
We only do this on the intial seating.  When balancing tables if they have to move to a table with a spouse then that is too bad.

Thanks,
Joe