Author Topic: Missing Player Database  (Read 1240 times)

DaveBullets

• View Profile
Missing Player Database
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:38:36 PM »
My player database is empty when I reinstalled TD 2.5.12.  I copied all my data files that I backed up to the data folder but when I load TD, it shows 0 players in database.  How can I retrieve the database?  I provided screenshots...I'm assuming the db folder is the player database which shows I have 138 entries there.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Missing Player Database
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 11:16:41 PM »
Worst case scenario, re-load all your tournaments you played and add the players to your database. This will bring them all back. Look inside your back up for a 'td.db' file. This holds all the information of your entire database, Find it and restore it and your db is back

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »
Well, based on your screenshots, it looks like you've got your data in the correct location on your file system.  But jodybingo makes an important point: "td.db" is a key file in your database, and should something happen to it, your database can get wiped out.

First thing to do is see where the software is looking to find your data.  On the Preferences tab, press the Data Stores button.  See which Data Store is active, and in which folder it is located.  If it is pointing to a different location, point it back to the default location and see if your database comes back.

Second, before you do anything else, take a backup of your database and send it to me.  On the Database tab, press the Backup button, make sure "database" is selected, choose a filename you can remember and then attach that to an email to support@thetournamentdirector.net.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 05:02:31 AM »
Thanks, I will try those suggestions.  Waiting for my new laptop to arrive.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:33:29 PM »
Thanks Jody and Corey, your suggestions to find and replace the td.db file worked.  I was able to recover my whole database :) cheers!