Author Topic: Newbie here Need help with Charity tourny (UPDATE 2/28/11)  (Read 5286 times)

HitShappens

• View Profile
Re: Newbie here Need help with Charity tourny
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »
TIMMER (or anyone), How did you get the Boxes with Scrolling list of names for thanks in the upper left and right of the table. I cant seem to add a row or cell that shows up. It keep making everything I already have smaller and smaller.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:37:34 PM by HitShappens »

HitShappens

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 07:46:27 PM »
Gang,
Please understand that I am obviously a complete newbie to all this (COULD YA TELL? :-[) and have absolutely zero idea what I am doing. I sure hope I am not being a pain in anyone's butt. I cant thank you enough for this help.  :)

Thx all.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »
Layout tab, to the right ( Toolbox ) just outside a cell right click,..new cell,...name I named it We Want,..click ok fined it in the Toolbox click and drag where need be, open that cell,...CONTENTS,...click inside the big white box,..type in WE WOULD LIKE<br> TO GIVE THANKS or what ever,.....set your fonts,text color,if needed,......then make up a cell for your Names,...then add marquee,...click..drag and the same for his pic,..I just added a empty cell with 2column,..with 2cells,...each side then a cell in the middle,.. his pic, and the Recover cell below them
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:41:55 PM by TIMMER »

HitShappens

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 08:49:35 PM »

"Toolbox click and drag where need be" does not work. I am unable to drag anything from the tool box into the main screen. I had already created the "THANKS" box in the toolbox (yay me). But when I try to drag it over, I see nothing. I try to add the cell to the table where I want it by clicking outside the existing rows, add cell,  but nothing. I don't see anywhere that says "Add Column". I see "Add Cell" and "Column Properties".

I think I am just going to let this go. You guys have all been great but I just cant seem to get the jist of this and I do not wish to take advantage of your generosity.

I'll just go wqith the basic screen elemnts which will do the trick nicely.

Thanks Gang.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
The two top

HitShappens

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 09:41:46 PM »
My screen is different than yours for some reason.....

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 10:10:37 PM »
steps............. add a Empty Row insert....Two Empty Column....in those Empty Columns, Insert Two Cell,....we want, and names,...in the middle the cell with his pic,..then outside them cells at the bottom insert  Recovery....................make sure your font color isn't the same color as your background
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:29:11 PM by TIMMER »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 10:12:58 AM »
Keep in mind, HitShappens, that Timmer is using the beta version of 2.6, and you're using 2.5.11.  There are some pretty big differences between the two, including the ability to drag-and-drop on the Layout tab.

HitShappens

• View Profile
Re: Newbie here Need help with Charity tourny (UPDATE)
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 09:24:21 AM »
Hi Gang,

Just an update for anyone interested. The tourny went off like clockwork. Pun intended. I can't thank you guys enough for all your help. It would hot have been possible without your help and I thank you for it.

The goal was to raise $15K for Tom and his Fiance to help pay off the medical bills he has been hit with.

After expenses, we raised $35,000!!!.

I had many players ask me what the program was that I was using and could not have given TD a higher recommendation to all of them.

Thanks again.

Best,
Hit.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie here Need help with Charity tourny (UPDATE 2/28/11)
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »
Congrats!  And happy to have helped (if I did).

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
Thats fantastic Hitshappens. Some very generous players there. And obviously some good friends.Congratulation to you and all those who played and contributed Well done

Hi Gang,

Just an update for anyone interested. The tourny went off like clockwork. Pun intended. I can't thank you guys enough for all your help. It would hot have been possible without your help and I thank you for it.

The goal was to raise $15K for Tom and his Fiance to help pay off the medical bills he has been hit with.

After expenses, we raised $35,000!!!.

I had many players ask me what the program was that I was using and could not have given TD a higher recommendation to all of them.

Thanks again.

Best,
Hit.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »
Well thats just great , glad to hear that.