Author Topic: PodCasts  (Read 1695 times)

Phaze

• View Profile
PodCasts
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:19:56 PM »
I got an iPod Touch for Christmas and ever since I have been addicted to pod casts. I listen to them all the time and use my iPod for podcasts over music now. If you don't know what a podcast is, it is a pre-recorded series of audio or video segments that usually have a common theme. Think of podcasts as pre-recorded talk radio stations that focus on specific themes. There are quite a few poker related podcasts. I have just found one for the home games and I wanted to share this with all of you, since a lot of us use The Tournament Director for our home games. Go to Toppair.net to get the podcast episodes and also their forum to interact with the hosts. They talk about alot of different things that I have incorporated personally for my home games and even more that I would like to start doing. It is a very slick professionally made broadcast that I think people here would really enjoy.

Btw, you don't need an iPod to listen to the broadcast, you can listen to them right off the computer. Another podcast that I listen to religiously is the 2 plus 2 pokercast. You can search them on iTunes or you can listen to their podcast on their forums. 2 plus 2 pokercast link. They deal with lots and lots of poker issues, news and celebrities. They have great interviews with all the famous poker pros like Daniel Negranau, Phil Laak, Mike Sexton and more, plus interviews with a lot of up and coming online poker players.

If you listen to podcasts, why don't you make some suggestions, I still have some spare time in my day where I can listen to some new content

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
Re: PodCasts
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 06:17:25 PM »
Another great podcast serving the Kentucky area is GeeksonPoker.   The have some nice guests too!  Have Hall of Famer, former UofL basketball coach Denny Crum last week and the Poker Brat, Phil Hellmuth this week.
The man, the myth, the moose!