Author Topic: 2.1 sound bug?  (Read 6374 times)

Northred

• View Profile
2.1 sound bug?
« on: May 05, 2006, 06:06:39 PM »
Hi Corey,

Just downloaded 2.1 (and registered my copy at the same time), and was all excited to use this for my tournament tonight and dry ran it... noticed however that the Finalwarning sound at Zero seconds sound and my custom buzzer sound at the end of every level, no longer works.... any suggestions?

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 sound bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 06:24:39 PM »
Well, the sound code changed a lot for 2.1, so it's definitely possible I messed something up and didn't catch it.  There might be a 2.1.1 very soon.  :-)

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
After reading the above post, I figured I should test mine since I have a tournament tomorrow night.  It appeared that all the sounds work except for the end of round and start of round sounds.

CanopicJar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 08:36:56 PM »
I may have noticed another bug just now.  I noticed my blinds were still showing the second round blinds even though I knew it was past that.  I hit esc to see what round it was on.  It was on round 4.  However, when I went back to the tournament screen, it showed the correct blinds.

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 09:23:20 PM »
Yeah I just was going to post about the rounds not changing... hitting F2 once it rolls over will update it...still a pain.

I will also add that my end of round sound is not working.

Also as a suggestion... can we have a stat that totals winnings and points?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 09:37:46 PM »
Those sound events are definitely busted.  Specifically:

.. at the start of round __
.. at the end of round __
.. at the start of break __
.. at the end of break __

.. do not work.  When these events fire, there is actually an error generated, although it isn't displayed.  The cascade effect of this error is that sound events that fire when the clock hits 0 don't work, and parts of the display aren't properly updated.

I'm going to try to get this updated and out early tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you're running a tournament before the fix is ready, and you'd like to revert back to 2.0, you can still download it at:

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/TournamentDirector20.exe
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 09:41:23 PM by Corey Cooper »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 11:28:51 AM »
2.1.1 has been released.  This fixes the sound events bug discussed in this thread only.

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/download.html

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 12:16:09 PM »
Seemingly runs smoothly again.  Good job, man :)

CanopicJar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »
Thanks for the quick fix. 

I have noticed one other thing, which may or may not have been how it worked in 2.0 - When you bust someone out and it makes the tables un-even, the 'bust out' sound does not play until the uneven tables pop-up box is closed.  I usually leave that box up for several seconds while we are getting the recommended moves made, and by then the 'bust out' sound seems out of place.

Thanks again,
Travis

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 02:06:25 PM »
Yep, that's right.  That's a difficult spot for sounds, and the intention is that when something happens that triggers a sound event, multiple sounds should not play at the same time if more than one sound event is triggered by whatever happened.

When someone busts out, there is the potential to trigger a multitude of sound events: player busts out, player busts out Nth, player busts out with rank N, player busts out on the bubble, player busts out in the money, player rebuys, tables are unbalanced, the tournament ends.  2.0 had a bug in that those sounds could overlap.  Say, for example, you busted out a player and the player chose to rebuy immediately.  If you had sound events defined for players busting out and for players rebuying, both played at the same time.

So, now the software has to wait until it has enough information about what's going on before it can decide what sound to play.  If the tables were unbalanced and a sound was played for it (tables being unbalanced), the software won't play a sound for a player busting out.  And it doesn't know if a sound played for the tables being unbalanced until the user closes the dialog.

I think for that specific case, it might be possible to look ahead and see if a sound is going to play for tables being unbalanced, and go ahead and play a sound for a player busting out if not.  I'll look into it.

CanopicJar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 02:12:03 PM »
What about adding a 5 or 10 second delay for the 'unbalanced tables' popup box to open?  That would give time for the bust-out sound to play.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 02:17:50 PM »
What about adding a 5 or 10 second delay for the 'unbalanced tables' popup box to open?  That would give time for the bust-out sound to play.

If your bust out sound is 5 or 10 seconds long...

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 08:40:28 PM »

Personally, I think this would be a bad idea, just because the way I run tournaments, I don't want to wait 5-10 seconds to figure out if I have to start moving someone; I want to know right away.  *shrugs*  Just my opinion.

CanopicJar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 07:48:59 AM »
...I think this would be a bad idea...

After running our tournament last night, I would agree that this is a bad idea.  The delay would be more of a hassle than its worth.

I love the new version!  It was great to have a different sound play for every bust-out!