Author Topic: Loading a saved 2.0 game in 2.1 does not import point formula correctly  (Read 3348 times)

CruiseLite

• View Profile
This may be fixed in 2.1.1 but I've already fixed all my 2.0 games so have no way to test.

When I opened a saved 2.0 game under 2.1, there were no points displayed for any players.
Looking closer I noticed that the formula had been modified and was generating an error.

The saved games originally had the formula ((n-r)+1)+(max(4-r,0))
but when I opened them in 2.1 the formula displayed ((n-r)+1)+(MATH.max(4-r,0))

All I had to do was remove the MATH. from the formula and all looks to be ok but I had to open, modify, save >30 tournaments.   :(

I also hit the non-updating blind display and round sound problem but see that is fixed in 2.1.1.
All I did was change screens then go right back to the F2 display during play and the blinds were updated ok.   :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, you are correct.  Fortunately, it's an easy fix.  I'll release an update to fix this later today.

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
That's odd.  I don't have that problem at all with the formula.  Of course, that's most likely because I use the simpler (n-r)+1 formula :P

CruiseLite

• View Profile
Thanks Corey! I'm ok now but someone else may hit this snag. Glad it will be an easy fix tho.

Tim - We used the same formula too for a while but decided we wanted to give the top 3 places just a BIT more for their effort so they get a bonus 1,2,3 points for 3rd, 2nd, 1st place.
We LOVE to rub it in the other players noses when were on top!   ;D

lethargicdolt

• View Profile
Kind of a minor problem, just had to go in and readjust. It does effect imported tournaments so you may have to go back and check prior tournaments when you are consolidating stats from a couple months back.

If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the numbers...
Homer Simpson

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2.1.2 fixes this and is now available.

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
Thanks Corey! I'm ok now but someone else may hit this snag. Glad it will be an easy fix tho.

Tim - We used the same formula too for a while but decided we wanted to give the top 3 places just a BIT more for their effort so they get a bonus 1,2,3 points for 3rd, 2nd, 1st place.
We LOVE to rub it in the other players noses when were on top!   ;D

Oh I understand that.  I only use the formula to keep track of the "placement points."  On the website, a player's total points = placement points + prize money won. So, the winners get around 60 extra bonus points ;)  This is the first year we've used a points system to arrange our championship game at the end of the year.