Author Topic: Hand timmer button on main page  (Read 1843 times)

Q-Prof

• Quality Gaming!
    • View Profile
Hand timmer button on main page
« on: May 22, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
I am not up fully on how to program custom events and I am interested in (Using TD ver: 2.5.10) adding/ creating a hand timer button along with a bunch that came with a template that I am using.  Every so often we have a player that takes forever and because I use a touch sensitive screen (screen shot attached), I would like to make up an event and button to start the hand timer for 1 minute.

I tried finding something related to this, with no luck unless I was just using the wrong search terms, found some code/event for last buy-in, but not this :-(

I know I can access this hand timer in the controls tab, but it would make a lot more sense if I can do this right on the main screen, buy just adding another button, so that when it is pressed, the hand timer clock window would pop up showing the hand timer counting down from a minute.

Once I have the event properly made, set actions to play a sound at the start like "you have one minute to decide on your move!"  and then another event say 15 seconds, to say "You now have 15 seconds left to make a decision", and then one last warning "Time is up, you fold!"

Right now my button control code is as follows:
<nobr>
<tdbutton type="previousround" text="Round -" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="nextround" text="Round +" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="addplayers" text="+ Player" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="buyin" text="Buy-in" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="bustout" text="Bust Out" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="rebuy" text="Rebuy" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="addon" text="Add-on" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="clock" text="Pause" inheritFont="true">

Thanks to members and Corey Copper, this has been a great program.  Any help on this would be great.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hand timmer button on main page
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 01:35:23 PM »
type="handtimer"

If you use the "Insert Token" button on the Edit Cell dialog, you can build the token you want to insert into the layout, and by doing it this way, you can see all of the options available.  Maybe you are and just didn't notice the "handtimer" option in the "type" list, so just in case you didn't know...

Q-Prof

• Quality Gaming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 03:33:27 AM »
Could not see a "handtimer"  in the list under the tokens... attached pic.
Am I missing that heading hamtimer or what?

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 04:55:50 AM »
click on insert token - tdbutton - a list of buttons now appears on the right, you will find handtimer in there

Stuart
Stuart Murray

Q-Prof

• Quality Gaming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:38:20 PM »
Thanks Stuart for the advice, but as I was saying in the previous message (see attached image in my previous message), all the tokens are alpha, and I took an image shot of my selections... no handtimer token there. 

I don't know of it being deleted, but anything is possible. It seems if I want access the handtimer to make a button, I need this token.  There must be something that I can do?

Does anyone know how I can get this handtimer file/token to put in, and where exactly I would put this file/token so that it shows up in this insert list, for using?

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 08:49:13 AM »
the token you need to insert in >-cell properties>-insert token is <tdbutton> (not handtimer)  this then goes onto a sub-menu of tokens for buttons where you can specify what the button will do, and handtimer is in there.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Q-Prof

• Quality Gaming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 10:26:55 PM »
Hey Stuart,

Thanks, I found it and gave it a quick try.... worked, now just going to try and match the button with the ones already there.  I will take a screen shot and then crop one of the larger buttons, then change the lettering... should do the trick, then I'll test her out.
Thanks for patiently explaining what I was missing.. now I got it :-)

Q-Prof