Author Topic: Blind Change Sounds  (Read 14749 times)

T-Bone

• View Profile
Re: Blind Change Sounds
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 05:48:59 AM »
Well, hello search function! I think I answered my own question. Any inside tips will still be appreciated.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »
Trigger: A level starts

conditions:
isRound and roundNum = 2    =     New round starting (with roundnumber)
not isRound      =     Break starts

Stuart
Stuart Murray

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 09:41:35 AM »
Trigger: A level starts

conditions:
isRound and roundNum = 2    =     New round starting (with roundnumber)
not isRound      =     Break starts

Stuart

Got it! And thanks, Mr. Stu.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

jhanna4112

• View Profile
    • Joe's Garage 127
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 04:55:34 PM »

I think I know what you are trying to do.  Here are the formulas I created to play 2 different sounds back to back.  The first is an announcement "The blinds have just gone up.  They are".  The second is an announcement "50 and 100".  This is what is played at the start of level 2 (my level 2 lasts 30 minutes or 900 seconds and the blinds are 50 and 100).  I created 2 events, one called "Round Start 2" and the other called "Level 2 Blinds".

Round Start 2:
isround && (state=2) && (secondsleft=899) && (roundnum=2)

Level 2 Blinds:
isround && (state=2) && (secondsleft=895) && (roundnum=2)

You can copy and paste these formulas, changing the "secondsleft=899" and "roundnum=2" as needed.
Note that seconds left for "Round Start 2" is one second less than the total seconds in the level and seconds left for "Level 2 Blinds" is 5 seconds less than the total seconds in the level.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 06:57:11 PM »
yeh, not bad,

My problem is as soon as I pump in a different structure or move the break because Hospitality is ready for dinner too late/soon etc that means I have to go into the events and change the round numbers for what to play and when, which is fine for me because I now have a deep understanding of the software, but it takes me away from the tables.

I would really like to see one event where TD correlates the blinds to a speficic soundfile and then correlates to a speficic ante level so for example the new level starts at 400/800 a100 it then targets four specific soundfiles:
1. The Blind Are Now
2 400 and 800
3 The running ante is now
4 100

or for example a break starts so it would target the "the tournament is now on a break....."

It would also be nice to target what is happening next so for example 2 minutes left of the round it searches for what's next - i.e. break or new level and then announces 1 of 2 files:
"The blinds will increase in 2 minutes" or
"There will be a tournament break, commencing in two minutes"

Now that would be awesome!

Stuart
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »
This is almost possible with 2.6.  I would need to add just a couple of new variables to the conditions to make it doable.  Specifically, a variable like "nextIsRound" to determine if the next level is a round or break, and a variable like "elapsedSeconds" so an event can be triggered at X number of seconds after a left starts.  Part of the overhaul in 2.6 was to make it easier and more consistent to add new variables, so this should actually be pretty easy.

With those, I would think you could create an event that triggers at the start of a round that plays the "The blinds are now" audio file.  Then, create an event for each blind level that plays the blind amounts at, say, 3 seconds into the level (however long the "The blinds are now" audio file takes to play), with conditions like "isRound and (smallblind = 400) and (elapsedSeconds = 3)".  Then create another event that triggers, say 10 seconds into the round that plays "The running ante is now".  And finally, create events for each ante level, to play at say 13 seconds into a round, with conditions like "isRound and (ante= 100) and (elapsedSeconds = 13)".

Yeah, it's a little hacked together.  The alternative is to combine the individual audio files into a single audio file.  So, a single audio file might be "The blinds are now 400 and 800.  The running ante is now 100".  And then it would need only a single event with conditions like "isRound and (smallblind = 400) and (ante = 100)".  I would recommend this, as it (a) doesn't need the "elapsedSeconds" variable, and (b) wouldn't have a high probability of sounding as robotic as several audio files played back to back.

The "The blinds will increase in 2 minutes" or "There will be a tournament break, commencing in two minutes" announcements would still need the "nextRoundIs" variable.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 08:40:07 AM »
This is almost possible with 2.6.  I would need to add just a couple of new variables to the conditions to make it doable.  Specifically, a variable like "nextIsRound" to determine if the next level is a round or break, and a variable like "elapsedSeconds" so an event can be triggered at X number of seconds after a left starts.  Part of the overhaul in 2.6 was to make it easier and more consistent to add new variables, so this should actually be pretty easy.

With those, I would think you could create an event that triggers at the start of a round that plays the "The blinds are now" audio file.  Then, create an event for each blind level that plays the blind amounts at, say, 3 seconds into the level (however long the "The blinds are now" audio file takes to play), with conditions like "isRound and (smallblind = 400) and (elapsedSeconds = 3)".  Then create another event that triggers, say 10 seconds into the round that plays "The running ante is now".  And finally, create events for each ante level, to play at say 13 seconds into a round, with conditions like "isRound and (ante= 100) and (elapsedSeconds = 13)".

Finally sat and worked out this, and that is exactly what I would want, it would make things so easy as rather as programming levels and what the level is it would be programming blind events.

The soundfiles I have are blinds or antes:

The blinds are now.....

the running ante is now....

so if I could have elapsedSeconds, smallBlind  and ante tokens my problems would be solved.  The reason I think it would be better to retain antes and blinds as separate events would be that obviously structures are all different and antes are different, so if they were treated as separate entities that would be fantastic, as to merge the soundfiles together would be problematic for structure changes.

I'll e-mail you some soundfiles to give you a better idea of what I currently have along with a tournament.

Cheers for the help

Stu
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:58:46 AM by stuamurr »
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 10:37:37 AM »
Just so everyone knows, smallBlind and ante (as well as bigBlind, limit1, limit2, nextAnte, nextSmallBlind, etc, etc) variables were added in 2.6 beta 2.  elapsedSeconds and nextIsRound have been added for 2.6 beta 3.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 11:20:37 AM »
Thanks Corey,

How do we determine a break or round in the next level using the nextIsRound condition:

nestIsRound = true
nestIsRound = false

or

nextIsRound
nextNotIsRound

etc...
Stu
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 01:21:43 PM »
nextIsRound is the "next round equivalent" to the isRound variable.  So, nextIsRound will be true if the next level in the schedule is a round, false if the next level in the schedule is a break.   Actually, it will be a 1 or 0, but that's functionally equivalent to true and false.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 07:54:07 AM »
So is this the correct use as a condition for the blinds increasing to a new level in 2 minutes?

(isRound) and (state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 122) and (nextIsRound = 1)

Stu
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
Yep.  Or you could use:

(isRound) and (stateDesc = "inprogress") and (secondsLeft = 122) and (nextIsRound = 1)

stateDesc is equivalent to state except it is set to string values instead of numbers, to make it a bit more intuitive.

When state is 0, stateDesc will be "before".
When state is 1, stateDesc will be "countdown".
When state is 2, stateDesc will be "inprogress".
When state is 3, stateDesc will be "after".