Author Topic: TOC Question/Feedback  (Read 5502 times)

BulletMan

• View Profile
TOC Question/Feedback
« on: April 02, 2009, 05:22:34 PM »
I just started doing a league this year.  I put together a document covering all of the things I could think of (not poker rules, league specific stuff).  The top 10 point getters are invited to a freeroll TOC at the end of the season.  I had put in the doc that if there was anyone in the top 10 that could not make the TOC, #11 would be invited...so on and so on until we had 10 people committed to playing.  The TOC (and all tour events) is being played on the 2nd Friday of every month..anounced well in advance (months ago).  Of course, I have someone that is in the top 10 and can't make it and is sqawking a bit about wanting to be able to designate someone to take his spot rather than it going to the next person in the standings.  Since I documented that it will be this way, I am not going to change it for this year.  I would entertain the idea of changing it for next year. 

I am looking for thoughts on how you guys are handling this situation or would suggest the best way to handle it in your opinion.

thanks for the feedback.

Bullet

bylars

• View Profile
Re: TOC Question/Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 06:29:45 PM »
I also run a league, that runs 12 months, and also designate that the next in line in points gets any vacated slot.  Why does he/she feel that they should be able to pick who takes their place?  It's their problem that they can't make the TOC, especially when the schedule is determined well in advance.

BulletMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »
I agree.  I think his beef is he wants to put someone in his chair and have that person try to win the money that he thinks he has a claim to.  I don't think it's fair to have someone who has never played in the league to step in and walk off with our money that was raked over 6 tournaments.  I think the only other "fair" option would be to leave that chair open and just post his blinds until his chips are gone.  I llike having a full table better than empty seats.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 10:56:17 AM »
Always found problems with an end game.

Here is my league structure:

ALL GAMES WILL START AT 7-45 ON THE DOT.

Poker night will be once a month on Saturday nights (second Saturday of the month).
The games will be no limit Texas hold'em.
Other poker nights can be run at any time but will not count in the league.
Tournaments are limited to 16 players, any players not being able play on the arranged night will receive no points.
Their places will be taken by reserves when ever possible.
The reserves will be eligible for any money or points they win, (so a reserve could win the league).
Entry for each tournament will be £20, It will be a freeze out, No rebuys or add ons.
Each player will receive 8000 chips.

The blind schedule will be as follows with a 20 min clock.

25-50
50-100
75-150
100-200
150-300
200-400
300-600
400-800
600-1200
800-1600
1200-2400
2000-4000  capped

Prizes will be as follows:

£20 rake will be taken from money, this will go to the host for that night to help cover sandwiches and other costs.
30% will be taken from all money paid in for overall league prizes.

The last game of the season will have an added bonus for the top three places for that game.
The bonus will be 1st £40, 2nd £30, 3rd £20 this will be extra and added to the normal prize money for that night.
Only players that have played in 7 league games or more will be eligible for this added bonus.

Prizes for each tournament:

Winner         35%
Second        20%
Third            15%

This example is based on 16 players

Winner £ 105
Second£   60
Third£   45

£90 goes towards the League for final prizes.

League Prizes,

Winner        45%
Second       25%
Third            20%
Fourth           10%

Note figures below are after these deductions.

Each player attending will receive 150 points.
50 points for every player you knock out.
There will be a 200 point bounty on the previous winner.

1st        1800 points        35% of money
  2nd       1600  points       20% of money
  3rd       1400 points         15% of money
  4th       1300 points
  5th       1250 points
  6th       1200 points
  7th       1150 points
  8th       1100 points
  9th       1050 points
10th        900 points 
11th        850 points
12th        800 points 
13th        750 points
14th        700 points
15th        650 points
16th        600 points

All normal poker rules and poker etiquette will apply to all tournaments.
Any disputes on the night, the TD’s decision is final, the TD will be macacan.

Rules to note:
Any player not at his/her seat when the first card is dealt will be folded.
Any player showing their cards to another player or person watching then that hand will be declared dead.
Any player stating what thier hand is and it turns out that they are holding cards of what they said then thier hand will declared dead.
Any decisions made by the TD will be for the good of the game and in his opinion the fairest.
It has now become normal for players to leave the table knowing that their hand will be folded when it is on them to act.
At the moment there is no rule on this but can all players remember this is not fair to other players, It is still like playing out of turn and might give someone an advantage.

Dates of poker nights can be changed to suit majority.

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 11:27:25 AM »
Rules to note:
Any player showing their cards to another player or person watching then that hand will be declared dead.
Any player stating what thier hand is and it turns out that they are holding cards of what they said then thier hand will declared dead.
It has now become normal for players to leave the table knowing that their hand will be folded when it is on them to act.
At the moment there is no rule on this but can all players remember this is not fair to other players, It is still like playing out of turn and might give someone an advantage.

I like this.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 05:14:57 PM »
Rules to note:

I like this.

Never have any probs now, they all know the rules, fantastic night when there is no disputes.

Best thing about house rules, as long as you let all players know they stick to them.

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »
I don't think they would be very enforcable in a club poker situation. But I do like them.

We fold a hand when the dealer deals the very last card. But have been considering changing it to the 1st card for a while.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

jhisey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »
Our Toc is based on the monthly tournament winners.  I state that there will be a minimum of 10 players INVITED.  The players are made up of each months winner plus last years TOC winner.  So there could be a max of 13 players. If there are less than 10 players (multiple tournament winners), then the high point people will be used until it rounds out to 10.  If somebody can't make it, oh well.  We don't move on to the next person.

emc300

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 06:27:41 AM »
Our Toc is based on the monthly tournament winners.  I state that there will be a minimum of 10 players INVITED.  The players are made up of each months winner plus last years TOC winner.  So there could be a max of 13 players. If there are less than 10 players (multiple tournament winners), then the high point people will be used until it rounds out to 10.  If somebody can't make it, oh well.  We don't move on to the next person

I Agree.  My Main Event is the top 36 in points.  If someone can't make it, the chair stays empty.  No second chances to get in either.

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »
I have 20 games per year. once a month i have a No Limit Hold'em and a Pot Limit 7 card stud games. To qualify for either championship (in november), you must win a tournament. that simple. i also have awards for the player of the year (the leader in points). i also use the default overall scoring and call it the "Rock" score. determines best consistent player. my final award is for the top "Hitman", awarded to the person who eliminates the most players. I consider my TOCs true champions tournaments, due to the fact that that's the only way you get in. I really don't have to worry about players not showing up, due to the fact that on my website all tournament dates are posted in January for the entire year and the dates very rarely change. If they do, everyone has a couple weeks notice.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to visit my site. I have pretty much everything members need to know about the season and the TOCs.
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Certified Tournament Director
Tournament Directors Association
Four Aces Poker
"Can you beat Four Aces?"