Author Topic: Can I split knock out point  (Read 3400 times)

Karpro

• View Profile
Can I split knock out point
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:04:17 AM »
First off, we had the first tournament in our first league last night and the TD software was a huge success.  It ran everything flawlessly and every player was impressed by the "professionalism" of the evening.  Thanks to Corey for all you hard work and support. 

We give one extra point for a knockout.  In last nights tourney we had player A go all-in and get a call from both player B and C.  At the end B and C had the same hand and split the pot knocking out player A.  In the software when I bust a player out it won't let me select multiple hitmen so I went in after the tournament and did a manual adjustment to the two players scores adding .5 pts to one and subtracting .5 pts from the other.  Is there a better way of doing this?

I also just noticed that when I filter the scores it shows the adjustment in the tourney score but doesn't carry it over to the overall score. In the overall score column it shows the points without the adjustment.  I am using sum(scores) for my overall scoring formula.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 11:54:45 AM by Karpro »

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
Re: Can I split knock out point
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »
Here's what I did with 2 players being knocked out with the winners splitting the pot:

I had 2 players split a pot while at the same time knocking out 2 others. John & Kevan split a pot with both Kathy and Kenny being all in and losing. John got 1 hit and Kevan got 1 hit each at the time. I needed to make it so that John gets another hit and Kevan gets another hit (2 each) (I am not splitting the points in half or anything like that, each knocked out 2 players, although they split the pot, they are still getting credit for the hits). I just went back and reset the tournament, KO'ed each player in order (I wrote down the order of elimination and who KO'ed that player), KO Kathy with one player, rebuy Kathy and then eliminate again with the other player. then went and Ko'ed Kenny and rebought in Kenny and then KO him again in the same fashion, then finish out the tournament with the rest of the hits.

Don't know how many players you had in your tournament (I had 10 in mine, so it went quick) and what point system you have exactly, but for me, this scenario worked out perfect. Hope this helps you out
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Certified Tournament Director
Tournament Directors Association
Four Aces Poker
"Can you beat Four Aces?"

Karpro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 07:40:44 AM »
I actually don't mind manually adjusting the points but my bigger concern is why the points adjustment doesn't carry over to the overall scoring.  Corey is there a way to change this so the manual points adjustment will show in the overall scoring so it carries through the season totals properly?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:29:30 AM »
Manual points adjustments definitely DO make it to the Stats.  As a matter of fact, points adjustments are looked at specifically so that players who are added to a tournament but never buy-in and have a points adjustment show up in Stats.  Players who don't buy-in usually aren't included in Stats.  This was added to allow "punishing" players who don't show.

So, my guess is the fault lies somewhere in your Stats formulas.  What are they?

Karpro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
for the tournament score it adds up perfectly.  but when i filter it for the overall league scoring it doesn't carry over.  i am using sum(points) as the formula for the overall, any ideas?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
"sum(points)" will not work for an Overall Scoring formula because the variable "points" is not defined for that formula.  You'll have to do something like "sum(scores)", and set the Tournament Score formula to "points".

Karpro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »
I was mistaken my overall scoring formula is sum(scores) and my tournament formula is sqrt(((n * bc) * (bc / tc))) / (r + 1.0)*10+nh .  i ran my first tournament with 12 players, $20 buyin, $3 rake leaving $17 for the pot.  The player that finished first had 4 hits plus split one.  I gave the hit to the other player during the tournament then went in later and did a manual adjustment of +.5 points (1 point per hit) to my first place finisher.  It shows 81.96 in the points column on the stats page but in the overall score column on the stats page it only shows 81.46 points.  What do I need to change to get the overall score to pick up the adjusted points?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 10:01:44 AM »
Ok, as I understand your post, you have:

Tournament Score formula:
sqrt(((n * bc) * (bc / tc))) / (r + 1.0)*10+nh

Overall Score formula:
sum(scores)

I think you've just got a slight (understandable) confusion with "Points" and "Scores".  So:

Set your Points for Playing formula (on the Game tab) to:
sqrt(((n * bc) * (bc / tc))) / (r + 1.0)*10+nh

Set your Tournament Score formula to:
Karpro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »
As usual the problem with the software was actually operator error.  Thanks for all the help that solved my issue.