Author Topic: Hot-Key  (Read 871 times)

TIMMER

• View Profile
Hot-Key
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:24:31 AM »
Corey, I got a video for those  (all-in moments) can I set it to fire with a hot-key, and if so how. I made a screen just for that video can't seem to get a hot-key to work and the screen conditions is set on any stage

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hot-Key
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:10:17 PM »
If you've create a screen specifically for that, assign a hotkey for selecting that screen.  The software defaults to keys 1 through 9 selecting the respective screen, but you can create your own hotkey to select any screen (by number).  Does that not work for you?

The only issue I would see is that selecting a screen in this manner engages the screen lock (it has to, or else the current "appropriate" screen set & screen would automatically be selected no more than a second later and the screen would change back), so you'll have to remember to unlock the screen once the video is over.  There's no way for the software to do that automatically.

There's another way to do it but only if you're displaying only a single screen to your players (your screens don't rotate at all).  In this case, you could create a Screen Set that contains the one main screen, plus the screen with the video.  Set the time for the video screen to be maybe a second or two longer than the video, and set the time for the main screen to be ridiculously large - like 24 hours (86400 seconds, which I'm not even sure you can set it that large).  Then, when you want to display the video you just hit the hotkey for moving to the next screen in the screen set (Ctrl+Cursor Right, I think by default).  That would move to the video screen, and would automatically move back to the main screen after the video plays.

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Hot-Key
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »
I just use a couple of ( tdbuttons ) (All-in then Main ) to go around the Lock-Screen works great,  Thanks
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:37:34 PM by TIMMER »