Author Topic: Chip Count token with more options?  (Read 3076 times)

Linker_Split

• View Profile
Chip Count token with more options?
« on: June 19, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
Hi Corey Cooper,
is it possible to have a new chipcount token with more options like:
1) player's chipcount trending (I do it via Excel)
2) grid with possibility to add images
3) editable text with all the options (Bold-Italic-stretching option)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Chip Count token with more options?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:40:01 PM »
Could you be more specific?  The current <chipcount> token just displays the total number of chips in play.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 03:40:22 PM »
Could you be more specific?  The current <chipcount> token just displays the total number of chips in play.
yes, what I would like to see if possible is a token with options like:
chips trending (% of chips a players has gained since last chip count, a sort of chipcount analysis)
some editing options like adding a grid instead of having names and chipcount at the center withoud borders and without the possibility to stretch them

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 05:06:25 PM »
chips trending (% of chips a players has gained since last chip count, a sort of chipcount analysis)
some editing options like adding a grid instead of having names and chipcount at the center withoud borders and without the possibility to stretch them

The layout token you've suggested modifying doesn't show chip counts for a particular player.  Are you referring to a different token?  I'm confused.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 03:49:17 AM »

The layout token you've suggested modifying doesn't show chip counts for a particular player.  Are you referring to a different token?  I'm confused.
i know my english os not that good to explain this! :D
anyway I'll try to make myself clear.
What I'm suggesting is to modify the <chipcount> token adding new features like:
- chip trend calculation: from the previous chipcount to the new one, how the chipcount has changed in % fo everysingle player: if player A had 35000 and then he has 42000, it means he has a trend of +23%
- editing options: adding css style to the token. The current token just displays names and chipcount, I would be able to add a grid with position, maybe a flag for the nation and other options

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 08:42:38 PM »
So if I'm understanding you right, you're looking for it to update with the chip leaders as the tournament progresses? There's no real way the program will be able to keep it up automatically, but if you update it, it might be able to give you chip leaders. But again, that will require you to enter in the values - it won't be done automatically.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 04:30:42 AM »
So if I'm understanding you right, you're looking for it to update with the chip leaders as the tournament progresses? There's no real way the program will be able to keep it up automatically, but if you update it, it might be able to give you chip leaders. But again, that will require you to enter in the values - it won't be done automatically.
of course it will not be done automatically, but with a formula which calculates trending wich is: [(chipcount_new - chipcount_prev) / chipcount_prev]*100 we can know if players are taking chips or are near to be busted :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
The biggest issue here is that the software simply does not track player chip counts.  It does allow you to enter chip counts any time you like.  There are various places in the program that can display chip counts (<chipLeaders> token, Player Rankings page, <seatingChart> token, etc), but they display how many chips the player currently has, and only if you've taken the time to enter chip counts.  The software doesn't store a history of the players' chip counts.