Author Topic: Formula help  (Read 3844 times)

masterpellum

• View Profile
Formula help
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
I need a formula for the following. 14 player league.

1st out gets 2 pts, 2nd 4 pts, etc...all players get 1 point for playing and in the money players get bonus pts, 4th place +2, 3rd place +4, 2nd place +6, 1st place +8

Thanks for any help in advance.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Formula help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
(n-r+1)*2+switch(r,1,8,2,6,3,4,4,2,0).

in points for playing, put in 1.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

masterpellum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:19:13 PM »
Thank you Magic! Another question...I understand about the points for playing, but in this league you get 1 point for playing for the first five games, and then you get 3 points for every game played after that. So some of the players will be receiving 1 point and others will be getting 3. Is there a way to put that into the formula?

Thanks again for the reply.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 07:41:28 PM »
I believe that's something you   will need to manually change per player, but not 100% sure on that one.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:14:34 AM »
I think Magic_fubu is right.  Well, maybe you can do this.  You'd have to award the points using the Overall Score formula on the Stats profile.

So you would leave your Points for Playing as Magic_fubu showed:

(n-r+1)*2+switch(r,1,8,2,6,3,4,4,2,0)

In the Stats Profile (or Stats Filter, if you're using version 2), set your Tournament Scores formula to:

and set your Overall Scores formula (one of them) to:

sum(scores) + max(0, (count(scores) - 5) * 2)

This sets the score value for each player, for each tournament, equal to the number of points the player earned for that tournament.  Then, the Overall Score sums up the scores (points).  The scores already include 1 point for each tournament the player participated in.  The Overall Score formula adds 2 points for each tournament over 5 that the player has participated in, bringing it up to 3 points for each tournament over 5.

So the player's Points listing on the Points tab would be the points earned for the current tournament, and would only reflect the 1 point for playing.  It would not know if the player had played in 1, 2, 5, or 10 tournaments, so it cannot award additional once they've played in 6 tournaments.  But when you run Stats, the Overall Score should reflect the player's total points for all tournaments, including the 2 additional points for each tournament over 5.

masterpellum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 10:31:07 AM »
I need another formula...obviously I am struggling with figuring the formulas out!

For every point you earn in the league you get 300 chips for the final tournament. So I want to calculate that for each tournament and also keep a running total as each game is played. Can you help with that?

Thanks again!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »
Yep!

Create a season, from the stats tab. for the tournament scoring, put in the formula from earlier in the thread. For the Overall scoring, there's a couple of ways we could go with it. To know just the total points earned, I use this: sum(points). If you want to have it show automatically the chips that they would have, put in this: 300 * sum(points).

I believe that if you put one in overall1 and the other in overall2, you should be able to show both; however, I'm not fully sure on that one.
---

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »
With the season, though, I recommend that you set each tournament that you want counted to that season, and as a filter, have it count only tournaments with that season setting.
---

masterpellum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
I tried your suggestion, but I just get zeroes in the overall scoring. Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 10:15:50 PM »
Sorry for the delay - I had replied away from my comp with TD on it, and was on a lunch break from a 12 hr shift.

I've played around with it some, and after creating the new season, you'll also need to create a new profile configured for the season. Unless there's something I'm missing, I can only get the total points to show up. How exactly are you going about setting up the season points?

After some playing around, I cannot figure out how to get the points*300 to show up proper - just the points earned.
---

masterpellum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »
Magic,

Thanks for the assistance. I can just to the total chips part manually at the end of the game, not a deal breaker at all. Again big thanks to you and Corey for the help with the formulas. Everything worked great for week 1 of the season.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 10:53:45 AM »
After some playing around, I cannot figure out how to get the points*300 to show up proper - just the points earned.

Don't forget to Refresh your stats after you edit the profile (after changing your Overall Score formula(s)).  It doesn't happen automatically.