Author Topic: Make TD sounds behave like system sounds?  (Read 891 times)

rakrul

• View Profile
Make TD sounds behave like system sounds?
« on: November 30, 2015, 07:17:51 PM »
So I'm using both the standard beep sounds for level change and the sounds from here : http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=2293.0
My problem is that I'm also running Spotify and I want to lower the volume on Spotify while the TD sounds are playing. Now with e.g. Skype, this happens automatically as Skype sounds are registered as System Sounds. If you go to the Window's Volume Mixer and then click on the System Sounds "icon" (above the volume slider) you get a new window up. If you go to Communications tab you can select how much volume other programs should be reduced to when playing System Sounds, which in my case would be Spotify. However the problem is that Windows (7 in my case) doesn't recognize TD sounds as System Sounds so it doesn't lower volume on Spotify like Skype does. I assume this is OS related and something Corey has to solve. I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm guessing the sounds has to be registered through som Windows API as System Sounds.

I've been looking though preferences to find this so I don't think it's already done but I'm usually mistaken when it comes to this. :)

Edit: *registered as communication sounds, that is as that's the only reason why Windows is willing to mute every other sound except the communication sounds.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:19:50 PM by rakrul »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Make TD sounds behave like system sounds?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »
The TD actually uses embedded Windows Media Player to play audio files.  Not sure if or how those could be registered as communication sounds.  :(