Author Topic: how to change break et chip up text  (Read 1384 times)

plb1964

• View Profile
how to change break et chip up text
« on: October 31, 2006, 11:36:38 AM »
hello,

as i am a french guy , i would like to translate few text in the product as " BREAK " and "CHIP UP !"  thanks for your help

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how to change break et chip up text
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 01:46:11 PM »
A future version of the software should allow you to translate anything you want, but the current version doesn't.

However, those two particular items can be changed to whatever you like.  The text you see ("BREAK") is controlled by the layout token <breaktext>.  By default, it has a value of "BREAK".  On levels that you check the "Chip Up" checkbox, the value is overridden to say "Chip Up!".  You can override the value of the token yourself to accomplish the translation.

There are two places in which you can override the value of layout tokens: on the Layout tab, where you "permanently" override the value (permanently, meaning for the entire tournament), and on the Rounds tab, where you override the value on a level-by-level basis.

I recommend overriding the <breaktext> token on the Layout tab, translating it to the French equivalent of "break", and overriding the <breaktext> token on the levels at which you wish to chip up, translating the value to the French equivalent of "chip up".

To do this, go to the Layout tab and press the Tokens button.  Add a new token named "breaktext", set its value (break), and press OK.  On the Rounds tab, for each level you wish to chip up: (1) uncheck the Chip Up checkbox; (2) Edit the level (double-click it); (3) press the Tokens button; (4) add a new token named "breaktext", set its value (chip up), and press OK.