Author Topic: Points Awarded  (Read 2524 times)

elprime

• View Profile
Points Awarded
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:28:07 PM »
Hello Corey,

I run a poker tourney every 3 or 4 weeks, but the players are not always the same and have become a very large list.

I made a legue and want to award point to everybody, not just the ones on the cash prizes (the ones who actually cash are a very small group with some exceptions), so i made 1 template for cash, and one more with cash and points for those outside the cash prizes. It tends to get quite big, so when the tourney is beeing played i put the layout of cash only. And when its over i change the layout, because this layout is very big and will not look good on the torunamet display. But before that i used to do it by hand in a excell worksheet where i have the points list. So what would be the ponit of having all those great legue things the program have.

So my question or sugestion is: Can i award points to everybody with out changing the list or is it possible to have a separated list with point only??? Have anyone come up with something like this? And can you include it in your to do list.

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Points Awarded
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 11:27:44 AM »
I'm not entirely clear on your description, but doesn't the "Points for playing" accomplish what you want?  Awarding points to everyone who participates in the tournament?

elprime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 06:58:27 PM »
Yes I want to award points to all players who participate. and more points for place as in 25th place 20 points and 24th place 25 points etc....

$lick_ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 10:48:18 AM »
Yes I want to award points to all players who participate. and more points for place as in 25th place 20 points and 24th place 25 points etc....

you'd have to rig the points awarded formula... in the 'points for playing'

n-r+1 sets up the points in a ladder

ex. 20 people, 1st = 20, 2nd = 19,........... 19th = 2, 20 = 1pt. (so everyone gets at least 1pt)

As for spacing it so there's 5 points difference for position... I dunno.

Honestly though, how come?

people come up with wayyyyy to complicated formulas  :P

I find that n-r+1 keeps the league pretty close in points, and keeps it exciting. Even for the guys who may miss a week or two, they still have a shot @ top 10.

Add negative points (-2) for rebuys and points (1/2pt) for hits, and you're all set with an easy scoring format that everyone can follow :)

just my .02

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 10:39:25 PM »
There is another feature that would probably help with this:
You could use just 1 template, and turn off the display of prizes that are only points.  This way you could always be awarding the points broken down as far as you want down the line without cluttering the prizes display.