Author Topic: Database Suggestion  (Read 1814 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Database Suggestion
« on: February 13, 2011, 06:40:39 AM »
In the rounds screen you can display the rounds in "Standard View" and in a "Spreadsheet" .
Would it be possible to have an option to display the database in a "Spreadsheet" View.

If that is not possible. On the Player tab, when you add a "New Player" there is a check box "Immediately Display this dialogue box"  which you can tick to make the new player form appear.
Could this be added as an option to the "edit database information" player information box.

I Think that this would be useful when entering further information on multiple players

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Database Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
I agree, it would be nice to either have it in spreadsheet view or to redisplay the dialogue box, but to redisplay a player, it would be difficult to do, I would think...  if that were to be an option, I would think that it would need the input of who, which I would personally think would be best accomplished by drop down box?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
In the rounds screen you can display the rounds in "Standard View" and in a "Spreadsheet" .
Would it be possible to have an option to display the database in a "Spreadsheet" View.

Possible of course, but would take much more time.

If that is not possible. On the Player tab, when you add a "New Player" there is a check box "Immediately Display this dialogue box"  which you can tick to make the new player form appear.
Could this be added as an option to the "edit database information" player information box.
I Think that this would be useful when entering further information on multiple players

Much easier to add.  I'll put a note down on the list.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:08:18 PM »
Now that I review this, I'm confused.  The "New Player" dialog is common between the Players tab and Database tab, because it is for adding a new player to the database (and optionally to the tournament at the same time).  So when you press the "New Player" button on either the Player or Database tab, you get the same dialog which has the "Immediately redisplay this dialog" checkbox.

So, are you asking for the same checkbox on the edit a player on the Database tab?  And, if so, what does it show upon re-opening?  The "next" player (as sorted on the screen)?

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:21:20 AM »
Now that I review this, I'm confused.  The "New Player" dialog is common between the Players tab and Database tab, because it is for adding a new player to the database (and optionally to the tournament at the same time).  So when you press the "New Player" button on either the Player or Database tab, you get the same dialog which has the "Immediately redisplay this dialog" checkbox.

So, are you asking for the same checkbox on the edit a player on the Database tab?  And, if so, what does it show upon re-opening?  The "next" player (as sorted on the screen)?

OK I think you have got me here. I  have not put this in the right words or explained it correctly and rereading it i can understand your thinking.

Being able to display the DB as a spreadsheet would make editing a BIG database a lot easier. you could move between cells easier, cut and paste, drag and drop as you can in microsoft excell.

I think that Magic was right by saying if you  bring up the "edit database player"  It would be best served by having a drop down box to select the name of the next player you would like to edit.

Whether or not you would need an "edit Database player" button on the left hand side, this maybe a bit redundant as its just as easy to double click on any players name to open.

WHY would any one want this?

I would like a way to edit a players database because when you add a new player to a tournament, you often, on the day of a tournament,  don't have the time to enter all the details into the DB straight away and then you have to do this later. usually when your at home. This why i first mentioned the Spreadsheet view.

My database is only about 160 players, and I recently had to update/enter phone numbers, emails, and notes etc.  When doing this, after each players database file was altered, i had to close the "edit Database player"window down and then reopen it again by going  to the next player.

Hope this explains my thinking a bit better than the first time and that it makes a bit more sense.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:48:23 AM »
Yes, that helps a lot, thank you for the clarification.  I'll put a note on the to-do list.  I doubt a feature like this will make it into 2.6, but maybe into a release shortly after.