Author Topic: Add Player to tournament search scope?  (Read 1145 times)

dullgeek

• View Profile
Add Player to tournament search scope?
« on: August 09, 2014, 10:40:56 AM »
Waaay back when I was using TD V2 (last month) when I added a player to a tournament, I could click on the "Add Player" button. A dialog box would come up that defaulted to the league of the tournament in question. Underneath would be a search dialog. When I entered names in that dialog it would search not just the league, but the entire database. This was really helpful as we always have several non-league members play with us.

However, in V3 when I do this same thing, the search is restricted to the league. Is there some way to expand the scope of this search? I had thought that disabling "Strict Search" in Preferences -> Behavior would do it, but it doesn't.

This is a minor inconvenience but, I was wondering if there's some way to get the "Add Player" dialog to function the same as it did in V2. Alternatively is there a way to get the "add player" dialog box to automatically come up with "<All>" as the default league?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:48:27 AM by dullgeek »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Add Player to tournament search scope?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 04:27:33 PM »
This was probably an oversight in v2 which I've since corrected in v3.  But let me see how hard it would be to add a preference that would return to the old behavior.

"Strict Search" is really "match all words" versus "match any words".  In v2, search simply looked for exactly what you typed in any part of any player data field.  Works fine, but really only for a single string of text (specifying more than one word really limits the matches).  In v3, I treat each word separately, and strict searching then has meaning.

Alternatively is there a way to get the "add player" dialog box to automatically come up with "<All>" as the default league?

The currently selected league on the Game tab is what is defaulted.  If you are running a tournament for your "Saturday Night" league, it makes sense when adding players it should default to the Saturday Night league.