Author Topic: About Tournaments  (Read 1866 times)

Vulch

• View Profile
About Tournaments
« on: January 24, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »
Hi All,
A question.

I have been using the TD for a while now.  I have tweaked all the setups and layouts, I have added my preferred rounds and chip set and I have just lately added all my mates to the database.  However I have saved the tournament with no players added so that it is basically a tournament template.  On tournament nights I add the players, buy them in and seat them.  Then we play the tournament and at the end after everyone has gone, I quit the tournament without saving, to preserve my tournament template.

So my question is; should I be doing a "save as" at the end of the tournament? (maybe with the date as the file name).  Is it each individual saved, finished, tournament that provides the "stats" for access at a later date, and a final tournament "summary"?

In my save tournaments folder I would then have:
Phil's Tournament (the basic template to start each tournament with)
Phil's Tournament finished 1st January
Phil's Tournament finished 8th January
Phil's Tournament finished 15th January
etc, etc

Is this how you build up tournament statistics and person data?

Thanks
Phil
England

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: About Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:37:57 PM »
That is precisely how you do it.

The "template" tournament wouldn't be counted in the stats, because it isn't a completed tournament.  Even if it were, you could still use the Filter to filter it out of your stats.

Better than loading that template tournament when you start, just set it as the "default" tournament.  On the Preferences tab, press the Config Files button and set your default tournament to your "template" tournament file.

Once your default tournament is set, the Tournament Director will load it automatically when the program starts, or when you press the New button on the Game tab.  The tournament will be "reset", setting the clock back to 0 and removing all buy-ins, etc.  It resets the filename, too, so when you save your tournament, you'll have to specify a filename - no chance of accidentally saving over your template (unless you force it to do so).

Vulch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 05:07:13 PM »
Thanks Corey

Having played a few tournaments with the TD and finalised my favourite templates I can now move onto the next level of starting to record player statistics.

Every time I think I have this programme sorted, I read something in the help or on the forum and a whole new aspect opens up to me.  There is something new, or a (previously) unknown function round every corner.

Bloody Brilliant.

Phil
England

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:00:15 AM »
One other suggestion, rather than Save-as at the end of the tourney, you should do so at the start.  Then you can save as you go along (never know when you PC might decide to take a dump).  Also, I have forgotten before and just saved....over an existing tournament!  DOH!

The man, the myth, the moose!

Vulch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »
Thanks for that suggestion Moose.
I will add the names etc, then do a save at the start, then tick the autosave feature.