Author Topic: Not managing players  (Read 2945 times)

MadDog

• View Profile
Not managing players
« on: April 03, 2006, 07:43:41 PM »
Is there any way to just enter the number of players and go, without buying them in individually?

thanks

MadDog

• View Profile
Re: Not managing players
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 08:18:46 PM »
Anybody??

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 10:26:30 AM »
No, there is currently no way to do this.  A request has been made to add this functionality back, and it is on the to-do list, but I don't know if/when it will make it into the software.  So, for now, you've got to enter player names at least.

MadDog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 02:35:43 PM »
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll stick with 1.3.

OutOfCrown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 01:30:07 PM »
Is "no way to do that" still the current answer?

What I did as a workaround for tournaments where we just want to "set a number of players and go" was create a list of players with "names" P01, P02, P03, etc. I also wanted to turn off the table mgmt. So I made one table that seats 99 players. We have our own way of managing table movement.

So at the beginning of the tournament I just click the right number of players (easy because the names are the numbers and they sort in order), I "seat" them (all at one table), and we're good to go.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 01:35:22 PM »
Yes, the feature is still not in the software.  But that is a clever workaround I hadn't thought of.

You *can* turn table management off, however.  On the Tables tab, press Settings and then uncheck "Automatically suggest player movements".

OutOfCrown

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 03:01:25 PM »
lol I must not have seen that, or, as sometimes happens, got stuck on an idea and just bull-headed my way through it.

It's still a clever way to have a player DB that is easy to use for tournaments where we don't want to track individual players, just want the software to calculate stuff for us (prize pools, total chips in play, etc) from a number of players entered.