Author Topic: Bust Out Sound Randomization  (Read 5097 times)

Jake Blues

• View Profile
Bust Out Sound Randomization
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:52:24 AM »
Hello,

Is there any way to increase randomization of the bust out sounds?  I've got around 30 different sounds, yet the program seems to play the same ones over and over.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Out Sound Randomization
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »
Nope, that's as random as it gets.  Actually, to do something like what you are requesting would actually reduce randomness, but that's probably really what you would like anyway.  For example: randomly pick a sound from this list, but don't play any sound more than x number of times until each sound as been played at least y number of times.  I'll consider adding a setting along these lines, but this gets close to that "too complicated" line, where too many options and features makes the program that much harder to use.  (Unfortunately, I think the program is probably there already.)

Jake Blues

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 08:33:33 PM »
Thanks, Corey.  I'd love to see that feature.

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 09:21:27 PM »
I was unsatisfied with the randomness as well.  I ended up numbering each one so that the program cycles through my sounds.  I have 30-some sounds as well for bust out so it takes a bit of time to make a bust sound for the first person to bust out, the second person to bust out, the third person to bust out, etc, , but it ended up being much better for what I wanted.

Travis

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 11:46:23 AM »
????????????????????????

So you numbered them and itworked better ?

As in pefix number or just renamed them ?.

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 03:19:11 PM »
No, he defined separate events for the 1st player to bust, the 2nd player to bust, the 3rd player to bust, and so on.

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 03:35:57 PM »
????????????????????????

c'mon now - eight  ??? seems a bit much, don't you think!

Sorry if I confused you.  MattBurlew is correct.  By defining a bust out sound for each number of person to bust out, you get to hear every bust out sound and you can select the order you want them in.  Some of my sounds are better for the first few busts and some work better as a higher number bust, and this allows you to put them where you want.

Travis