Author Topic: Registration Number  (Read 5164 times)

melnikok

• View Profile
Registration Number
« on: March 31, 2006, 08:28:58 AM »
I have a charge from PayPal for $24.99 on the 26th of March in my checking account, but have not gotten the registration number for my download. My 30 days is about to be up and I have a tournament coming up. What do I do to get the registration number? I am not sure if my email is correct. I have double checked and I have not received and email from PayPal.

HELP ME Please!!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 08:47:40 AM by melnikok »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Registration Number
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 09:11:47 AM »
melnikok,

The email delivering your license key bounced, twice.  As you might guess, it's a little difficult to communicate with customers when email is unsuccessful.

I have replied to your email and have not gotten a bounce back yet, so maybe it has gone through this time.  If by the time you read this you have not received an email from me, send me a private message in this forum and we can communicate that way.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 10:04:43 AM »
Bounced again.

nikeozz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 10:54:24 PM »
Corey,

How long does it take to get the reg # usually? I just payed via CC last night, but have a tourney this week end and am anxiously awaiting.....

Plus, reading these forums has me all excited about making a layout and customizing the sounds. ;D

Thanks,
Ben

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 11:34:14 PM »
Corey,

How long does it take to get the reg # usually? I just payed via CC last night, but have a tourney this week end and am anxiously awaiting.....

Plus, reading these forums has me all excited about making a layout and customizing the sounds. ;D

Thanks,
Ben

I'm usually able to get license keys out within a few hours.  I would say that, so far, probably 99% of all license keys purchased have gone out within 12 hours of the purchase (or, within 12 hours of Paypal notifying me of the purchase).

The 72 hours is given because I am not on the license key gig 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  There will be times when I cannot get the license key out as soon as I'd like.  But I do like to get them out quickly.  I know some people wait until the last minute, and I try to be mindful of that.

In your case, Ben, your LK was sent approximately 5 hours after PP notified me.  If you haven't received it, email me: support@thetournamentdirector.net

nikeozz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 12:20:50 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Got it, thanks bro. Excellent software.

PatricksDad

• View Profile
    • Disc Jockey
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »
I am also waiting for my key. I paid Sunday night. Can you please let me know when I might get my key

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 09:15:43 PM »
PatricksDad, your key was sent Sunday evening (4/2).  I'll resend it.

This brings up a good point (not directed at you, PatricksDad, just everyone in general):

This forum is not the place to address individual license key delivery issues.  I obviously need to update the FAQ with this information:

To reiterate, you definitely need to check your spam or bulk email for the license key.  Even when I tested the license key delivery email with my own account(s), some of it landed in these folders.  There's nothing I can do about this.

If you have not received your license key within 24 hours, you should email support@thetournamentdirector.net; not post here about it.

If you email support@thetournamentdirector.net about not receiving your license key, and do not receive a response to your inquiry within 24 hours, then in all probability there is a problem with email delivery to the email address you have provided.  This could be any number of things.  So far they have ranged from (1) your domain is temporarily unreachable (although in this case I will retry a number of times); (2) your domain is unreachable from the domain from which I send email; (3) your domain REJECTED email from me; (4) your email address is incorrect; (5) you have an approval-based email system and you did not pre-approve email from sales@thetournamentdirector.net; (6) some other reason.  If email cannot be delivered to the email address you provide, then there's little I can do.  In that case, you should create an account here on the forums and send a private message to me.  That will ensure we can at least communicate and work out the email issue.  There are a number of people in this category right now, but I'm not about to post anyone's name or email address publicly.  There's nothing I can do about it unless you contact me in a way in which I can return the communication privately.

Again, this isn't directed at you, PatricksDad, or anyone else in particular, for that matter.  I apologize in advance if it appears that way.  I am just hoping to encourage future issues to be handled in a more appropriate (and confidential) manner.

1st American

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 07:23:52 PM »
Corey, I too am experiencing a problem recieving a license key I don't understand why I am not recieving an e-mail I get mail from all over the country daily.... can you call me?

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 07:02:41 AM »
Hey guys, I bought my license key a while back and I didn't find it in my email either.

Remember to check with Paypal for the address that it knows you by. In my case the email address listed at paypal was different then the one that I currently use. Once I discovered that (thanks to Corey's patient troubleshooting) I was in business

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile