Author Topic: Version 1 to 2.5.8 - operating questions  (Read 2251 times)

Jferry

• View Profile
Version 1 to 2.5.8 - operating questions
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:58:44 PM »
Hi:

After using Version 1 for the longest time (love the simplicity and speed), I used version 2.5.8 yesterday for a tournament because I really wanted to take advantage of the extended screen feature. We had a couple little mis-steps, but overall everything went fine. However I ran into a little issue that seemed to be really easy to resolve in version 1, but cumbersome in the latest version. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or I just need to work around the way I used to do things, so I figured I'd post here and see if anyone had a comment.

We usually register (enter) each player as they arrive, then do a mass "buy-in" when we're ready to start, then let TD assign seats and start. Yesterday we had two players show up late after we did all this, so we added a seat to each of two tables, then  did their buy-in and told them to take the two empty seats I created. I figured I'd just tell TD where we sat them...no problem. Well, in the old version, this was a snap. However now, there's apparently no easy way to do this. What I finally ended up doing was buying them in one-by-one, then going to the seating chart and locking every vacant spot but the one I sat them in, then had TD assign them the only seat available...then unlocking any other locked available seats...and repeating for the second latecomer.

This seems really cumbersome...is there a better way to do this? - in version 1 it was "click-click" and you were done. I understand there's now probably far more going on "behind the scenes" in this new version, but this still seems clumsy.

Thanks for your help. And version 2.5.8 is great...although its like moving from flying a Cessna 150 to a Boeing 737. Just a lot of new stuff to learn and explore.   :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1 to 2.5.8 - operating questions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 11:54:34 AM »
Drag the player from the "Unseated" section to their seat.  :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:00:03 PM »
Another thing to note: in version 1, seating suggestions should have been called seating changes - because the TD moved players without asking for confirmation.  That does not happen anymore.  All seating suggestions are presented to you first and you can decide if you want to accept them or not.  Plus, the Tables tab has an "Undo" and a "Redo" button, so if you do accept a movement suggestion, you can go back if you change your mind...

Jferry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 06:03:01 PM »
Thank you! I don't think drag-n-drop was available in version 1 (at least if it was, I never saw it)...so I wasn't looking for such an obvious answer! Another great feature!