Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 2924 times)

ck29

• View Profile
Please Help
« on: December 03, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »
I am new to TD...I have version 3.2.. So far I have been on these forums night in night out reading learning etc.

I have created my layouts, made some events etc etc

But I can not for the life of me figure out how to input sounds for my breaks or sounds before each round.

I would also like to change the end of round beeps for longer than 3 seconds as well as change the beep sound entirely.

Can someone please lend me some help. I am computer literate, but new to HTML coding, etc.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:32:53 PM »
HI CK.

I have been absent to TD for several months so I will work from memory.
From the Events Tab create your sound library (left pane).
Select New Event from the buttons along the left then Create from scratch.

From here write a description of your event then we have to set conditions. As an example;

(state=1) and (secondsLeft=71)
Here (state=1) would indicate pre-tournament (countdown)
(secondsLeft=71) would indicate 71 seconds left until the countdown reaches 0

There us a full list of conditions under the Help tab.

Once your conditions are set, set the actions associated in the bottom of the window.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:49:11 AM »
Have you tried this thread?

There's events templates included to help you along

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=2293.0
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »
But I can not for the life of me figure out how to input sounds for my breaks or sounds before each round.

Follow jodybingo's instructions.  For Trigger use "A level starts".  For Conditions use "isRound".  Then press the New Action button.  Select Play sound and select your sound for the start of a round.

Repeat, but for Conditions use "!isRound" and select your sound for the start of a break.

I would also like to change the end of round beeps for longer than 3 seconds as well as change the beep sound entirely.

This is actually pretty easy, since it sounds like the default event "Level End" is fine, you just want to change the sound that it plays.  So double-click the event "Level end".  In the Actions panel, double-click Play sound: final.  Then change the sound that plays to the one you want.

ck29

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 02:14:02 AM »
Corey thank you for your reply. however I am still confused.

I am trying to input a sound at the beginning of each round (blinds are now ....) I can get the 1st event to work, but then I go and create a new event for the 2nd round and so forth and do a totally new event from scratch it copies what I put for the 1st event called round 1.

I know that the event trigger is a level starts but am completely confused on how the formulas work. can you please give me examples of the correct formulas and what exactly I have to input in the conditions box. all the stuff below the conditions box is confusing to me, do i need to input information in there also. This is just a home game but I am trying to have it as professional as possible.

I am also needing help with how to create the event for a sound saying (1 min until next level or break)

Please help, I promise you that I am computer literate but these formulas are very confusing to me for some reason.

Thank you for your help in advance.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »
Hi ck,
I have created an events template some time back and have programmed my TD to call out the actual blind bets at each level (and the antes as well). It was a pain...Here is the tst file. Save this tst file in your templtes folder, go to the events tab, load template then find GENERIC.tst. You can see how the formulas are written level by level (including breaks).
If you have any other questions don't hesitate.

ck29

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 08:09:44 PM »
Jody,

I did exactly as you stated. I have version 3.2, dunno if that makes a difference, but the formulas, i copied and pasted into the conditions box just like it was in your file

It kept giving me a False reading when I clicked on test

Please help once again

Thanks

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 08:40:56 PM »
if you are going to use the TEST button you must set up the test conditions available on the bottom of the screen. enter the variables that would trigger an event then hit the test button.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 08:47:03 PM »
Here;
create a folder in your templates folder and name it 'regular' (without the quotation marks)
extract the audio folder in it.

extract the 550.trt into your templates folder. Load up the 550.trt from your Rounds Tab, Load up the GENERIC.tst into your events tab. Start a tournament and set the rounds to 2 minutes and watch the events fire

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 10:05:16 PM »
I know that the event trigger is a level starts but am completely confused on how the formulas work. can you please give me examples of the correct formulas and what exactly I have to input in the conditions box. all the stuff below the conditions box is confusing to me, do i need to input information in there also. This is just a home game but I am trying to have it as professional as possible.

All of the stuff below the Conditions input box are strictly for testing the Conditions, nothing else.  Let's say you're setting up an event to announce the blinds before round 2.  You would use "A level starts" as the Trigger, and for the Conditions you'd use something like:

isRound and roundNum = 2

When you press the Test button, it will probably say FALSE.  That's actually OK, because the results didn't say Error.  That means that while you didn't get the results you expected, you do know that your Conditions are syntactically correct.  In other words, it's a valid formula using valid variables.

During a tournament, the variables isRound and roundNum would be assigned automatically by the TD when the TD evaluates your Conditions.  In other words, every time a round starts your event would be triggered (since it has the Trigger "A level starts"), and the conditions would be evaluated.  The TD would have given isRound a value of 1 and roundNum the value of the current round number.  Then the conditions would be evaluated, and if it was round 2, then the results would be TRUE.

In the Event dialog, if you want to test your conditions you have to assign values to those variables yourself.  This allows you to test the Conditions in different scenarios that you get to decide on.  To test your Conditions formula, you would need to find the inputs (below the Conditions input) for the variables isRound and roundNum and enter values in them.  Then press the Test button.  This simulates what would happen in the tournament, and allows you to make sure you've configured the Conditions correctly.