Author Topic: message sms and mms  (Read 2146 times)

assosoliera

• View Profile
message sms and mms
« on: October 28, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »
Hello, I wanted to give you an idea, if I may, as in the database you can register all players with their telephone data, you could not make a system able to send players to an SMS or MMS or email or call the tournament ranking list ?
Another question: When I print the list with all the data I can not print in A4 sheet how do I print the whole thing?
Thanks always for your kind reply.
Luca

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: message sms and mms
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »
For the help with printing, you should be able to export it to HTML. If you're looking to print your database, I'd suggest saving it on the desktop, for ease of access. Once done, you can open the file from the desktop, which will open up an internet browser (but does not require a connection as it's a file on your computer), and you should be able to print it off that way. From the print dialogue, you should be able to specify that you want the A4 paper instead of the regular 8.5x11 paper.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

assosoliera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:51:34 AM »
thanks, as always very clear.
Luca

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »
Hello, I wanted to give you an idea, if I may, as in the database you can register all players with their telephone data, you could not make a system able to send players to an SMS or MMS or email or call the tournament ranking list ?

We've kind of gone down this road before.  Although I like the idea, I'm not sure I want to get into the email/MMS/SMS business.

Another question: When I print the list with all the data I can not print in A4 sheet how do I print the whole thing?
Thanks always for your kind reply.
Luca

Magic_fubu's answer is probably the best.  Printing from your browser or printing from the TD is actually the same thing.  The TD runs inside of Internet Explorer, so you're still printing from the browser when from print from within the TD.  Which means print settings in Internet Explorer govern print settings in the TD.  Therefore, to change print settings in the TD, change them in IE.

Trash Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 02:12:03 AM »
ooo I like the email/text idea. I'm not a programmer so I have no clue as to the difficulty in integrating such a program.

Is it difficult?

Would you (Corey) have to host some sort of server or is it something that can be done through a web-based program and we just set up our information?

-edit-
I just read another post further down the list going into further detail of the pros/cons of this and my questions have been answered. (yeah I might have been impatient and just replied rather than looked)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:16:55 AM by Trash Monkey »

johnbatdorf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:23:46 PM »
MMS and Email gateways can be quite expensive and troublesome to maintain, don't blame you Corey.

John

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »
My club uses Bravo Gaming to run our cash games (and used to use it for tourneys until I convinced them to drop it in favor of TD) and our system is able to send out text messages to cellular phones, however, there is an issue with the cell phone users being charge for each text received. Only a few carriers are not charging for theses messages and there were also issues of carriers considering this a spam.
Our club is currently not using it even though we can.