Author Topic: Automatic tables  (Read 1905 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Automatic tables
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:02:58 AM »
Some ideas.

1) "Suggest button" on the tables tab.

On the prizes tab you can suggest prizes. So as more people enter, more prizes are added.

On the tables tab you can set the tables up as you require, then late additions means that you have to add new tables.  Could a "Suggest Button" be added to the tables tab. It could be set up initially by selecting the size of the tables (no. of players /table). Then if "suggest" was selected, it could add tables as and when players are added to the game.

2) "Collapse of tables"

I would imagine that all tournaments are set so that the final table is the number 1 table.
Could it be set up so that table 1 is set by default as the last table to be broken.

3) "Displaying tables on the tables tab"

On the tables screen you can set it up to only show active tables. Would it also be possible to have that same action on the tables tab. So that when tables are no longer used they wont be displayed.

Cheers

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:13:32 AM by Mahound »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic tables
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
Some ideas.

1) "Suggest button" on the tables tab.

On the prizes tab you can suggest prizes. So as more people enter, more prizes are added.

On the tables tab you can set the tables up as you require, then late additions means that you have to add new tables.  Could a "Suggest Button" be added to the tables tab. It could be set up initially by selecting the size of the tables (no. of players /table). Then if "suggest" was selected, it could add tables as and when players are added to the game.

What I should do is change the "New Tables" button to do something like this.  Currently, it's only available when you have no tables configured, and when you press it will create the appropriate number of tables, of the size you specify, that will accommodate your tournament.  This should always be available and do the same thing - create enough new tables of a specified size that will accommodate the players that do not currently have a seat.  Good suggestion.

2) "Collapse of tables"

I would imagine that all tournaments are set so that the final table is the number 1 table.
Could it be set up so that table 1 is set by default as the last table to be broken.

Actually, this already happens.  Table balancing is essentially a sorting algorithm with certain biases.  When you configure the collapse order, you are setting strong biases in the way the software assigns and removes tables, and moves players.  The first table listed on the Tables tab has a weak bias already, so all things being equal, the software will tend to move players toward it.  It just won't go out of its way to do it, like it will if you have a table listed first in the "collapse these tables last" list on the Collapse Order dialog.  In other words, it won't reseat the final table entirely if it doesn't end up on the first table.  I believe it WILL do that for a table listed in the "collapse these tables last" list.

3) "Displaying tables on the tables tab"

On the tables screen you can set it up to only show active tables. Would it also be possible to have that same action on the tables tab. So that when tables are no longer used they wont be displayed.

Making tables disappear on the Tables tab will confuse people, I guarantee you.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:17:01 PM »
These are implemented in beta 5.

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 11:50:16 AM »
These are implemented in beta 5.
OT, but when will we see beta 5?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:34:35 AM »
When it's done.  Actually, as of yesterday it is technically "code complete".  I'm starting the process of tying up all the loose ends, and then a solid round of testing.  It would be nice to release it some time next week, but that remains to be seen.