Author Topic: Flash Promotions  (Read 1652 times)

Johnnyone

• View Profile
    • Knowsley Poker
Flash Promotions
« on: December 21, 2008, 05:55:54 AM »
Would it be possible in the future to enable TD to be able to play short flash or other nice quality graphics during play?

We use TD at the moment on a large plasma and have tried adding animated gifs to play every so often, but the quality is very poor. Given the normal TD graphics & resolution plays very well on the same plasma, it would be great to be able to advertise local companies during play, or whoever the sponsor was for that comp or charity event.

We have tried single images but again the quality seems to drop somewhat.

If this feature is not going to happen could you please suggest the best way to display high quality graphics or animations in the current version as a background screen.

Thanks

John
Liverpool.
England.

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Flash Promotions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:19:39 AM »
This would definatly have tons of potential for wicked layouts... Seeing as TD works in conjunction with IE, you should be able to embed flash into it already, but I don't know about the reason for the lower quality animated gifs you were talking about

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Flash Promotions
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 11:20:49 AM »
Phaze is right - there's no reason you can't embed Flash into a layout.  The only issue I see is smooth playback.  It's possible you'll see slight pauses when the TD updates the clock.

I also do not know why you would see lower quality animated GIFs.  Could you define "lower quality"?