Author Topic: Scrolling Marqueee stutters with clock  (Read 1492 times)

arthurbear

• View Profile
Scrolling Marqueee stutters with clock
« on: January 24, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »
HI

A long time ago Timmer kindly set me up with a layout ...I use the wylie 4 sides but wanted a scrolling marquee across each edge...looked at it a while ago and never installed it on my comp..Its a new year so anew league and thought..lets go for it...Problem is the marquee stutters/jerks to the clock ticking its not smooth..My comp I use is a celeron with xp pro 2.93 ghz processor and 1.2gig ram..Only on board graphics though...It seems to meet the minimum spec so I'm confused...My first poker game is this sat so wanted to show off the new setting...Any advice please..Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Scrolling Marqueee stutters with clock
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
It's the way IE renders the screen.  The big font used to display the clock takes time to render (apparently).  Lower the font size and the stuttering will diminish or go away entirely.  Probably.

arthurbear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »
Hi Corey...The clock font was 60..I reduced it right down to 15 ( tiny clock.) and still it stutters the same...Thought I'd pause the clock..And guess what..Its still stutters..LOL...One idea I've just thought of..Not sure what resolution I have the screen at ( would that affect it? ) or is it rubbish comp????Works fine with me normal layout..just adding marquee causes prob.Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 03:32:35 PM »
The Tournament screen updates once per second, at which time every item on the screen is checked for changes and updated if necessary.  If anything changes (which it will have if you have the clock, or current time of day, or elapsed time, etc, etc, displayed), then IE (the TD runs inside of Internet Explorer) has to re-evaluate the underlying HTML code and re-render the screen.  This, unfortunately, is not necessarily "instant".  And it will definitely depend on your PC's speed.

Honestly, on the PC I am currently using, which is fairly beefy, I don't really notice a stutter.  But there are plenty of other PCs I've used where the stutter was quite noticeable.

arthurbear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 03:40:22 PM »
Hi Corey

No probs at all..I'm happy with my current layout and will stay with it...But you know what its like..always wanting to tinker.Cheers

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »
I didn't like it either, so I just toke out the marquee and did the basic, show top 5 hit leaders