Main > Help Me

WORKAROUND for issue: Missed keystrokes, mouse clicks, stuttering

<< < (2/3) > >>

Corey Cooper:
Well that is definitely unfortunate.  Especially since this feels like the cause of the issue.  This part, however, does sound like something entirely different:

--- Quote ---The timer also takes 15-20 seconds to catch up.
--- End quote ---

The input lag (typing / mouse clicking) is indicative, for sure.  But I've not experienced the clock trying to "catch up".  Particularly since it runs off of the system clock.  If rendering gets behind, it will simply appear to "skip" displaying some seconds, but it won't ever actually get behind.  Maybe that's what you're describing.

It's too bad really.  I'm sure you were thorough, but any chance you could give it another go?  The only thing I think that isn't entirely clear is that file name extensions can make identifying the correct file difficult (for some), although it [mshta.exe] should be the only file in that folder by that name.  I left file extensions off in my screenshots, because that's the default for Windows, but I turn them on for any machine on which I work.  Could never understand why it's OK to have a dozen files with the same name, with the 3-character extension being the only difference, but having extensions hidden by default.

efdenny:
After following the above steps, the only time I'm seeing this issue is when the Windows 10 Antimalware Service Executable (aka Real-time protection) is on. As long as I remember to check to see that real-time protection is disabled (Windows 10 won't let you disable permanently) before I launch the TD application, I'm OK.

Corey Cooper:
Good to know.  Thanks!

Whiterhino:
Hi Corey, I've noticed recently (since the implementation of the workaround) that my PC is working very hard when TD is open. It may be a coincidence and of course it is still much better than it was, but I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced a 'pulsing' of the hard drive activity light.

Corey Cooper:
One of the things that makes diagnosing and troubleshooting issues is that the TD relies heavily on code that is already installed on your PC (Internet Explorer).  That code can be different versions (IE 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11), parts of the code can be different (beyond being a different version of IE), it can have plug-ins and extensions that affect it, etc.  I've not experienced this, and I hope it's just a coincidence, but given what I just wrote it wouldn't surprise me at all to find that behavior being common for some people and not others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version