Author Topic: Extra Points Awarded / Displaying Tournament Ranks / Calculating Rank (Multiple)  (Read 3326 times)

Medic48

• View Profile
Hello Everyone,

Currently I am developing a league scoring system and we are looking for the following:

Game: $20 + $5 buy-in w/ $0 + $20 re-buy (the "rake" goes towards a final championship table at the end of the 26-week season).

1st place: 100% of non-rake prize pool + 10 points
2nd place: 7 points
3rd place: 5 points
Each Hit: 1 point
Hit on Previous Tournaments Winner: 1 additional point
Hit on Current Season Points Leader: 2 additional points

The additional points are only awarded on the initial hit (a rebuy hit would only count as 1 points, no additional points awarded).
Should the previous tournament winner be the same as the points leaders, only 2 additional points are aware on the initial hit.

Now, I have set most of this up:

1st place: Monetary prize 100% + Points: 10
2nd place: Non-Monetary prize (Points: 7)
3rd place: Non-Monetary prize (Points: 5)
Points for hit: 1.00
Point Leader: Non-Monetary prize (Bounty on Player - Points: 2)
Previous Tournament Winner: Non-Monetary prize (Bounty on Player - Point: 1)

My question is, will the "Point Leader" and "Previous Tournament Winner" award points for the initial hit and rebuy hit (if applicable), and if so, how can I stop the program from awarding the points for hit on any subsequent hits. Will I have to do a manual override or is there an automated way to do this?

---

Is there a way to display the current seasons leaderboard on the greetings and farewall pages without having to do it manually in the announcements token or anything like that?

---

How does TD handle 2 players being eliminated at once, for example if there are 4 players left and 2 go all-in while being called by the 3rd, if the 3rd player takes out both all-in players, how does TD determine who is ranked 4th and who is ranked 3rd?

Thanks,
--Phil
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:16:53 PM by Medic48 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,

Currently I am developing a league scoring system and we are looking for the following:

Game: $20 + $5 buy-in w/ $0 + $20 re-buy (the "rake" goes towards a final championship table at the end of the 26-week season).

1st place: 100% of non-rake prize pool + 10 points
2nd place: 7 points
3rd place: 5 points
Each Hit: 1 point
Hit on Previous Tournaments Winner: 1 additional point
Hit on Current Season Points Leader: 2 additional points

The additional points are only awarded on the initial hit (a rebuy hit would only count as 1 points, no additional points awarded).
Should the previous tournament winner be the same as the points leaders, only 2 additional points are aware on the initial hit.

Now, I have set most of this up:

1st place: Monetary prize 100% + Points: 10
2nd place: Non-Monetary prize (Points: 7)
3rd place: Non-Monetary prize (Points: 5)
Points for hit: 1.00
Point Leader: Non-Monetary prize (Bounty on Player - Points: 2)
Previous Tournament Winner: Non-Monetary prize (Bounty on Player - Point: 1)

My question is, will the "Point Leader" and "Previous Tournament Winner" award points for the initial hit and rebuy hit (if applicable), and if so, how can I stop the program from awarding the points for hit on any subsequent hits. Will I have to do a manual override or is there an automated way to do this?

You should set up the "Hit on Previous Tournaments Winner: 1 additional point" and "Hit on Current Season Points Leader: 2 additional points" as prizes.  Specifically, as bounty prizes on the appropriate players, with only points awarded.  They will only be awarded once (on the initial bust-out of the bounty player).

Is there a way to display the current seasons leaderboard on the greetings and farewall pages without having to do it manually in the announcements token or anything like that?

The <stats> token will display the stats as currently displayed on the Stats tab.

How does TD handle 2 players being eliminated at once, for example if there are 4 players left and 2 go all-in while being called by the 3rd, if the 3rd player takes out both all-in players, how does TD determine who is ranked 4th and who is ranked 3rd?

Thanks,
--Phil

If two players are eliminated at the same time (two players selected in the Busted Players(s) section on the Bust Players Out of Tournament dialog), they will be eliminated with the same rank, and they will chop any prizes attributed to that rank.  For example, if there are 5 players left and you bust out 2 at the same time, they will both be ranked 4th place.  If there was a 4th place prize, they'll split it.  If there were 4th and 5th place prizes, they'll split the combined amount.  The amounts are configurable at the time of bust-out, and you can always go back and adjust them at any time.

If you don't want players to "tie", then simply bust them out separately in the preferred order.

Medic48

• View Profile
If two players are eliminated at the same time (two players selected in the Busted Players(s) section on the Bust Players Out of Tournament dialog), they will be eliminated with the same rank, and they will chop any prizes attributed to that rank.  For example, if there are 5 players left and you bust out 2 at the same time, they will both be ranked 4th place.  If there was a 4th place prize, they'll split it.  If there were 4th and 5th place prizes, they'll split the combined amount.  The amounts are configurable at the time of bust-out, and you can always go back and adjust them at any time.

If you don't want players to "tie", then simply bust them out separately in the preferred order.
So the use of the "Set Chip Counts" option will not affect elimination order? The reason I ask is because we utilize the same rule as in the WSOP rule 122 "If two or more participants are eliminated during the same hand at the same table, the
participant(s) who began the hand with the highest chip count will receive the higher place finishes
".

Thanks,
--Phil

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So the use of the "Set Chip Counts" option will not affect elimination order? The reason I ask is because we utilize the same rule as in the WSOP rule 122 "If two or more participants are eliminated during the same hand at the same table, the
participant(s) who began the hand with the highest chip count will receive the higher place finishes
".

Thanks,
--Phil

No, it won't affect bust-out order.  The TD leaves it up to you to decide how the players bust out.  If you want them to tie, bust them together.  If not, bust them in the appropriate order.

Medic48

• View Profile
You should set up the "Hit on Previous Tournaments Winner: 1 additional point" and "Hit on Current Season Points Leader: 2 additional points" as prizes.  Specifically, as bounty prizes on the appropriate players, with only points awarded.  They will only be awarded once (on the initial bust-out of the bounty player).

Hey Corey,

I attempted this method but the software adds the bounty on the LAST hit (or permanent knockout) of the player and not the first or INITIAL knockout.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Phil

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's true.  If the player has a bounty prize on them, and they are knocked out, the prize will be awarded.  If they buy back into the tournament, the prize will be UNawarded and REawarded when they next bust out.  You'll have to override this by editing the prize and selecting the original hitman for "Award to player" in the Override section.