Author Topic: 2 tournaments with one computer?  (Read 1035 times)

Pad

• View Profile
2 tournaments with one computer?
« on: October 12, 2011, 06:35:01 PM »
Hi,

i'd like to know if planning two simultaneous tournaments is possible with Tournament Director.
Example : Saturday night i'll have 50 players; in order to get an non-turbo mtt, i'd like to make two 25-players tournaments. These 2 tournaments will be simultaneous, with the same blind structure. But is it possible to handle these two tournaments with one single computer? I can't afford to have 2 computers, two screens etc...

One solution i have in mind is to handle the blind elevation with one computer and deal with everything else on a paper... But it means we have to deal with table breaking etc... :(

Do you have an easier solution?

thx
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:37:41 PM by Pad »

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: 2 tournaments with one computer?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »
TD isn't designed to have two instances run on the same machine, unfortunately...however there are some small workarounds. You can install a virtual machine, install windows inside the virtual machine and install TD inside of it. You can add your current data store to the data store list and use your same database, however do not modify the database from within the virtual machine while TD is running on the host.
I recommend using VirtualBox (link provided below). It is open sourced (free). You can legally install your version of windows inside this virtual machine using the same activation key as your host machine (it is using the same hardware).
This will allow you to run simultaneous tournaments on the same machine (however, limitations are one per machine or virtual machine).
Have fun and when you do a great job at running tournaments, you create new players for all of us!
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Jody Stacey
www.jodystacey.com