Author Topic: Stalled  (Read 1516 times)

Frankus

• View Profile
Stalled
« on: August 03, 2012, 06:12:39 AM »
Hi guys

I bought TD back in October 2008. I never got to use it more than a couple of times.

When I did use it, it never worked properly; everything went VERY VERY slow.

I have a need to use it again now, and am thinking of upgrading pretty soon.

I decidede to run a trial game: simple, quick start, with 8 players, nothing complictaed.

Set the tourney off, then a few minutes later, tried to bust someone out.

The system has been sitting there for 20 mins at the 'Remove Players from Tournament' screen.

The players have not populated the screen yet.

This is Way too slow for any game in real life.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: Stalled
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 06:27:02 AM »
Dont know what your computer specs are but this has always worked fine for me even on my old laptop. Would think that the file might be corrupted/some file missing. Uninstall and then reinstall the software. Would also suggest that you defragment your hard drive, delete the temp files and run a virus scan.
Would also highly recommend upgrading to the new version. The old version of TD is great, but the new one is even better. Great to work with, easy to use and even more user friendly.
There are some great ideas on the forum of things you can do to customise and adapt the TD software to suit your needs and I know that the Corey and the other people on here are all willing to help you get the best out of it.

Frankus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 06:41:03 AM »
Thanks for that. I might have to.

Is there any way I can run this from a webserver? Running games on-line?

I am not particularly web savvy, but I know a bit!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »
You're not the only one who has experienced this, but it is few and far between.  Unfortunately I've never been able to reproduce this issue.  And without being able to reproduce it, I have no idea what is causing it.  A wild guess would be some other software installed on your PC, but as to which software that is, well your guess is as good as mine (better, really, since I don't know what's on your PC).

Frankus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 02:45:19 AM »
Thanks
I completely cleared all other programmes from the laptop, then tried it - still the same. I think I may have corrupted something.
I uninstalled it, now I don't have TD!!
I will buy the new version again soon.

Meanwhile, Corey, as I asked, can I install this on a webserver and have games played online, through web connection in someones house?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 10:44:02 AM »
Meanwhile, Corey, as I asked, can I install this on a webserver and have games played online, through web connection in someones house?

No, sorry, it's not a server in that sense.  Gotta have the application installed to run it.