Author Topic: Hand timer  (Read 2298 times)

zvjerko

• View Profile
Hand timer
« on: October 25, 2010, 06:33:46 AM »
I would like to know is it possible this: When hand timer is pressed can automatically time start to run on 60 sec and to be displayed on game window and to be able to add 10 sec and also to be able to close it on settings window so only thing that players can see is a simple countdown on game window? It is not so much important option but I believe it will look nice.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Hand timer
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:17:08 AM »
Good idea in theory, but some people have different timers for different games within the tournament (as in HORSE), so not always ideal to have it start once it's brought up.

and also to be able to close it on settings window so only thing that players can see is a simple countdown on game window

Are you saying here that you'd want the countdown timer to be the only thing on the screen? I don't see how this would be practical to anyone, as players mainly want to see what the blinds/antes are at, among other information...
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:27:09 AM »
You can't put it into the Tournament screen, if that's what you are asking (meaning you can't insert it as part of the layout).  But the Hand Timer window can be placed anywhere you want, including over the Game window so players can see it.  If you are using a multi-display setup and the Hand Timer window keeps popping up off-screen (or not on the display you want), check the Preferences tab and make sure that "Save dialog locations" is checked.  Then, open the Hand Timer and move it to the appropriate place, then close the Hand Timer.  The next time you open it, it should be in the same place.

I'll add a preference to auto-start the hand timer when it is opened.  Should be pretty simple.

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:09:16 AM »
Only  thing is that you have option to close it or add extra sec from settings window and the way is displayed now is ok, I mean over the game window. So when time is called I press the hand timer and it is displayed on game screen and on separate screens such as LCD etc. Then to have option to close it without to move on game window with arrow. What players need to see is a countdown started and nothing more. I hope you understand. And of course automatic start of 60 sec with ability to add extra sec.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 10:53:18 AM »
So, you'd like the Hand Timer to open as it does right now, but the ability to control it NOT from the Hand Timer window itself, but from the Settings window, right?  Because you'd rather not have the mouse cursor visible to plays as you add time to the Hand Timer or even close the Hand Timer window.  Am I following you?

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »
Completely. of course there is option to do almost everything via keyboard but you could make a mistake watching the LCD. Maybe to separate the controls and only timer to be displayed on game window and controls on settings window.  Not a such big and important feature but it might look nice on following versions.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 05:20:48 PM »
I'll look into it.  The issue is that there isn't just one Hand Timer.  You can open several at any time.  If there were controls on the Settings window, which one would it control?

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »
Well, you are right about this several timers. Maybe they could bu numerised. But it is not a such big issue,because it could complicate a things, but automatic start will be nice.
Thanks for reply.