Author Topic: Home Game version of the WSOP  (Read 3134 times)

detourglr

• View Profile
Home Game version of the WSOP
« on: November 29, 2006, 08:52:35 AM »
if things fall in place I am thinking of having my own verison of the World Series of Poker during the the 2007 thanksgiving holiday. does anyone know of the forumula they use in there points standings.

Just trying to make it as close as I can.. I will be using shorter rounds and of course players so I can fit it all comfortable during that weekend. also fewer events.

hemi 06

• View Profile
Re: Home Game version of the WSOP
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »
I am going to begin my own mock WSOP 12-15 event schedule including Hold Em', Omaha, 7-Stud, Razz, and I am going to also include Pineapple.  Could you let me know how you setup your version.  Maybe give me a few ideas. I am also having a points based system to calculate the Player Of The Year, along with the money from each event.  Another thing is the entry fees from each event will be collected and saved until the tour is over.  Then a Tournament Of Champions will be played.  Any event winner receives a free buy-in and the entry fee from the tour pays the cashes.

detourglr

• View Profile
Re: Home Game version of the WSOP
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 02:25:46 PM »
welll this will be a family style tournament..

with kids so everything would be no money...

I was going to play all holdem events. but with limit, pot limit, and NL.

and having a rebuy tournament..  of course it will be no money so it shoudl cause some real wild play.. but shoudl be fun for the family.

also thinking have having the same blind structure but have different starting chip stacks. and from this starting chip stack it would be reference to a mock entry fee but have some kind of forumula for points.  the higher the chip stack the higher the points you get for the same ranking.

but all is skeptical....  trying to find out what forula WSOP uses.