Author Topic: Windows Vista  (Read 1752 times)

SVI PokerMasters Guy

• View Profile
Windows Vista
« on: April 16, 2007, 01:48:01 PM »
i hate bill gates!

just bought a new laptop, with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. All the latest patches have been applied.

When i start TD 2.2.2, i get a blue screen with the prompt "Internet Explorer Add-on Installer: Continue?"...i click continue...computer goes away with a blank screen until i use the Task Manager to close TD.

arrrrrgh....

any hints? (besides the obvious dynamite suggestion....)

SVI PokerMasters Guy

• View Profile
Re: Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »
OK...update....i click CANCEL, TD 2.2.2 starts...does that help?

SVI PokerMasters Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 01:53:02 PM »
although TD loads after clicking CANCEL, i can't SAVE AS or LOAD any of the saves from my old computer. Click on the tabs to get the different configuration screens does work.

further bulletins as patience warrants ::)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »
Can you load/save?  I suspect (although this is the first I've heard of this issue) that it might be trying to install the Active-X (dirty word, I know) component that allows the software to use load/save/font/color dialogs.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 02:12:26 PM »
A little overlap in our postings there.  Sounds like it IS the Active-X control it is attempting to install.  You might trying fiddling with IE's security settings.  Because of the mode the TD runs in (it runs inside of IE), it should never prompt you to install the Active-X control - it should by default have privileges to do this regardless of security settings.  However, Microsoft got pretty sloppy implementing DHTML applications, and I suppose Vista is pretty paranoid.  Like I said, I haven't seen or heard of this issue before, so best I can offer is to mess with the security settings and see if you can get the control to install.

You might also try visiting the web page listed below to see if you can get it installed.  The application itself typically installs the control transparently.  By using this web page, you should be prompted and you can see if perhaps something is failing or the security settings are disallowing it, etc.  Make sure you use Internet Explorer to visit the page - it won't work with other browsers.

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/installAX.html