Author Topic: Script Debugging Error  (Read 9389 times)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Script Debugging Error
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
Corey,

I thought I was okay, but several recent tournaments I have run have been a nightmare for script errors, almost constantly when busting players out or other events fire the previously stated runtime error pops up and freezes the tournament, which when running multiple tasks or going onto do something else on screen with TD can go missed until I notice it on the clock display(s)

I have the Script Debugging options checked (both) on IE and also the enable third party browser extensions unchecked.

I would say it is definitely occurring due to events firing which include audio and visual information - bust out's / blind increases approaching

Any help you can give would be great.

stu
Stuart Murray

destadula

• View Profile
    • Da-Man Poker Club
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 08:37:12 AM »
Stu & Corey,

I thought it was just me and had not commented on this since my last post. So let me update Corey as to what has been happening.
Both 2.5.9 & 10 run great on the first run after an install and then script errors.

An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: Call was rejected by calleeCode: 0
URL: ms-its:C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2\TD.lib::clockThread.html

Do you want to debug this error Yes or No

Now I always select "no", but then the program becomes very unstable and has to be shut down and restarted.
Here is some info that might help you out or to dial in the error:

TD Setup

1. Auto save after events
2. Make backups when saving
3. Program file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 2\lib
4. Tournament File Location: D:\TD Files Backups\2010 Season\Saves\2010_template.tdt
5. Data Stores: D:\TD Files Backups
6. Events -
   a) bustout sounds – Yes
   b) 1 minute warning for round sound – yes
   c) Balance tables sounds – yes
   d) Other sounds – level end warning, tournament start, tables unbalanced and break warning
7. Template – I run the template I posted here on this forum (Mafia template)

My Computer

Windows 7 – 64 b - 8 Gigs memory
Internet Explorer – 8.0.7600.16385

Add-ons Running
- Accelerators  - All are Bing Search related
- InPrivateBrowsing – None
- Search Providers – Bing
- ToolBars & Extensions – Shockwave flash & Live Signin

Any other information or setup that you may need or what I will be more than happy to provide to you to see if in fact it is as simple as maybe a setting that Win7 and IE8 offer together.
Desta Dula
Man Poker Club
http://www.manpokerclub.com
Certified Tournament Directors Association

JackTheDog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 10:12:42 AM »
Using TD 2.5.10 on a Win 7-32 Pro laptop with 4gb RAM and IE 8.0.7600.16385 here. I've been running TD weekly for 3 months for single table games and never saw the script message. We played our first multi-table game Friday and the script error popped up three or four times during the game. I replied no, the dialog closed, and I didn't have any instability issues. I checked my IE options this morning after reading this thread, and both Disable Script Checking boxes were checked, and the Display a Notification box was UNchecked. The error occurred when I was busting a player out, but not always, and I didn't notice if it had anything to do with a player move. I have auto save checked. I'll write down the message and circumstance if I see it again and pass it along. Hope this helps.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 12:26:30 PM »
If you don't mind sharing a little system information, could someone experiencing this issue do the following and send it to me:

- Type "msinfo32" into the search bar on the Windows Start menu (or for XP, select Run... and enter "msinfo32")
- The System Information tool should open
- On the File menu, select "Save..." and select a filename
- Attach the file to an email to support@thetournamentdirector.net

Not sure if it will help, but any type of information might be useful at this point.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »
Thank you everyone for the detailed information you have provided - it is immensely helpful.  I have no idea what is happening at this point, but at least I have reproduced the problem.  That's a huge plus.  This is definitely occurring when the the tournament is auto-saved.  Note the save icon in the upper-right corner - and the line number in the error message actually confirms it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 11:17:02 PM »
I have released version 2.5.11 to fix this issue specifically.

I can't say with 100% certainty what the issue was, but after testing on Win XP, Vista, and Windows 7, it appears the issue only happened on Windows 7.  It was not the auto-save technically that was causing the issue, but anything calling from the clock thread into the main program.  Turning on the auto-save just increased the frequency of the issue occurring.  In my long running tests, the error occurred about 20 times per 10,000 auto-saves, or about once out of every 7,000 possible times it could occur.  That's pretty infrequent, so I'm fairly surprised you guys saw it more than once or twice in any tournament.  I just put in some good error catching code (where none was ever needed before), and the error is just ignored and the tournament moves on.

I was able to reproduce this problem pretty easily on Windows 7, so I think I got it.  But I would certainly appreciate feedback from you who have also seen it.

Thanks again.

Barry Chuckle

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 09:21:10 AM »
I have 2.5.11 and I don't have auto save on and I have the IE options set as suggested and I get the same error!

I have just noticed that it is a different line though!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:51:05 AM by Barry Chuckle »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 11:18:56 AM »
Awesome.  Line 1 is a comment.  Did this happen immediately or did it take a while?

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 11:57:57 AM »
I have had my first 12 hour tournament run under 2.5.11.

I must say you have (almost) got rid of the problem, it appeared once during the tournament, but unfortunately I don't have the details to hand as I was too busy with the tourney to take details etc.

It is however, a fantastic improvement from what I had before, where it would appear frequently.  I will try and catch it ASAP and report back when/if it appears, but if i'm only getting it once in such a long tourney I am not really that concerned!

Stuart
Stuart Murray