Author Topic: Custom Screens  (Read 2303 times)

Lafrog

• View Profile
Custom Screens
« on: May 07, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »
Hi All,

I would like to display a custom screen while my tournament is on break or during the countdown.

How can I achieve that?

I  tried using "Conditions" but you cannot set condition on column or row properties...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

TIA

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Custom Screens
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »
Screen Control, click NEW, (Put a Screen Name To It) BREAK or what ever (Set Screen Condition
Put some Colums & Rows then add the cells you want to use
Add condition to the cells for the break That don't have them
Count Down Screen basic the same way
(I like using Re-Name cells for diffrent screens (Like Break Clock ect,)just for editing reasons)

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 05:46:18 PM »
Layout Tab,

sorry timmer

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply Timmer, I just don't see how I can display my custom screen (or how TD can compute when to to display it instead of my tournament screen)

Do I make sense?

TIA

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 05:56:19 PM »
Other Control, click, Screen Set
Then add it to your Sceens to diplay

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 10:51:22 PM »
Hi All,

I would like to display a custom screen while my tournament is on break or during the countdown.

How can I achieve that?

I  tried using "Conditions" but you cannot set condition on column or row properties...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

TIA

You're right, you can't set conditions on column or row properties.  If all you're trying to do is make a second screen that looks *exactly* the same as the first, except for some property of a column or row, you'll have to "go the long route" as it were, and create an entirely new screen.  For example, to make the background color of a column different during breaks, you'll either have to have an entirely different screen, or different property groups for each cell in that column.

But I would think this is really, really rare (which in retrospect is probably why I didn't include the ability to have multiple Property Sets for rows or columns).  Probably whatever it is you are trying to accomplish can be done in some other way.  If you'll elaborate on your goal I'll do my best to help.

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 10:38:34 AM »
Basically, I would like to have 4 different screen "looks":
  • Pre tournament: Showing my "countdown" background image, the clock and the number of entries.
  • During play: Showing my "tournament" background image and other infos.
  • During breaks: Showing my "break" background image, the clock and other infos.
  • After Tournament: Showing my "winner" background image and the winner.

TIA

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 02:21:04 PM »
Easy to do.  Create 4 screens, as you've outlined.  For each screen, set the appropriate background and add the cells you'd like to display.  Basically, get each screen looking the way you want.

Then, on the Layout tab, press the Screen Sets button.  What you will need are 4 different screen sets.  There is already a "Default" screen set, which you can use, and you'll need to add 3 more.  I'd use the "Default" on for normal play (so you "During play" screen).  Create another for Pre-Tournament, one for During Breaks, and one for After Tournament.  Add the corresponding screen to each appropriate screen set.  For example, add the "During play" screen to the "Default" screen set.  Add the "Pre tournament" screen to the "Pre tournament" screen set.  Etc.  Each of the 4 screen sets will have just 1 screen in the set.  Finally, you'll need to add the conditions so that the appropriate screen set is displayed at the appropriate time.  Select the "Pre tournament" screen set and press the "Conditions" button.  Select "Before game" for the Stage and press OK.  Select the "After tournament" screen set and press the Conditions button.  Select "After game" for the Stage and press OK.  Select the "During breaks" screen set and press the "Conditions" button.  Select "During game" for the Stage, select "Break number:" for the Level, select "=" for the operator next to it, and then enter the word any in the input, then press OK.

That's it.  Because we have set pretty specific conditions, you shouldn't have to order the screens sets in any particular way.  The Default screen set has no conditions, but it is always examined last, so if the conditions match any of the other screen sets, they'll be chosen.  It's only when the conditions don't match all other screen sets that the Default is used.  So, that should work.

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »
Thanks Corey,

Sounds easy enough...!  ;)