Author Topic: Manually adding points to a player  (Read 2141 times)

rug07

• View Profile
Manually adding points to a player
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:10:05 AM »
A player has entered late to my league and I want to give him the points that are the lowest so far this season. How do I manually add points to this player so he has the same as the current last place in the league

I adjusted his points score in Players tab, but when refreshing tourneys in "stats" the points  i adjusted show up in points column but are zero in Overall Score?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:39:27 AM by rug07 »

skelly82

• Shark-stats admin
    • View Profile
    • Shark Stats
Re: Manually adding points to a player
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 05:02:38 AM »
One way I have done this in the past is use the prizes tab and set up a random prize, then enter the points total under manual. Save the Tournament and then refresh, its a quick way around it but exactly tidy.
 ;D
Shark-stats.co.uk online poker league management - no programming needed just great stats everytime

rug07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:31:56 AM »
thanks, i will give it a try

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:50:50 AM »
Actually, you may have done it the "correct" way.  Whether or not the player played in the tournament in which you adjusted his points, those points should show up in the Stats due to the fact that they were adjusted.  Usually, a player added to a tournament but who never buys-in is not included in Stats for that tournament, but if you adjust the player's points or cash, they will show up in Stats with the adjusted amounts.  This was added to allow penalizing players who don't show up for tournaments, but as you can see has other uses as well.  So, if the player has joined the league but has yet to play in a tournament, load up an already completed tournament (in that league) and add the player to the tournament (but don't buy them in).  Then adjust his points accordingly.  (Make sure you save the modified tournament!)

Do the adjusted points show up in the Points column on the Stats tab?  If so, then it would seem your Overall Score formula may not be utilizing points to calculate its value.

rug07

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 11:27:19 AM »
Yep.  the adjusted points do show up in the points column, but not in the overall points  column..  The formula for the overall points column is to calculate the best 7 from 10 points  i.e  sum(top(7, scores))  but the new player has 0.00  for overall score.  The overall score column is correct for all other players
thanks
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:35:40 PM by rug07 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 10:59:53 AM »
What is your Tournament Score formula?

rug07

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 06:33:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

Tournament points formula is "points".            I ran a tourney last night and the new persons points for this tourney have been added to the "overall score" column but his points  are still short by the adjusted ammount.   His Tournament points column have been added correctly though.

rug07

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 04:01:29 AM »
Skelly

The Manual Prize work perfectly when I awarded it after the new guys first Tourney results.

Thanks for your help

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 05:50:43 AM by rug07 »