Author Topic: Export File for "The Tournament Leaderboard"  (Read 6340 times)

muodonovan

• View Profile
Export File for "The Tournament Leaderboard"
« on: May 02, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to export my tournament properly using the Tournament Leaderboard Wordpress plugin.  I was given an .xml file as a template to export the data.  How do I use this template when exporting the tournament from The Tournament Director?

Thanks

Mike

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Export File for "The Tournament Leaderboard"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »
If you're referring to the Poker Leaderboard, then you don't need to.  When your tournament is over, press the "Export" button on the Game tab, then select "The Poker Leaderboard" as the export format.  This will export a tournament into the appropriate format for the Poker Leaderboard plug-in.

muodonovan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »
Right,

That's what I thought but I set up a tournament and did that and the players were not added to the database.  Only Data for players that were already in the database was added.  Frustrating :/

Do you have a tournament template file that works that I could try and load and see if I can get player information to load?

Thanks again

Mike

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:11:58 PM »
    That's what I thought but I set up a tournament and did that and the players were not added to the database.  Only Data for players that were already in the database was added.  Frustrating :/

Which database?  The TD's player database?  Or the The Poker Leaderboard plug-in's database?

muodonovan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »
Sorry,

The "Tournament Director" Database is fine. it's when i try and export the data, using the tab for the "The Poker Leaderboard" that it doesn't input the new players into the mySQL Database on my website (Through the TPL Wordpress Plugin). I am wondering if there is something going on with the way I set up the tournament.

Here are the steps that I took:
 --- Added a simple formula for the points--- (n-r+1)
1. Added 5 players to the database including: First name, Last name, and Buy-in Amount ( this are the only fields I filled out for my test tournament)
2. Added the players to the tournament by right clicking and using "Quick Buy-in"
3. Sat the players at a table
4. Started the tournament by countdown
5. knocked each player out
6. At this point I looked at the standing of the tournament and noticed that the winnings amount was right (from the Buy-in I entered) But the points column had zero points for everyone.
7.  I manually added points for each player by double clicking there name and adding points to the "Points" Field.
8. I exported the tournament using the export setting for the TPL

--Within The Poker Leaderboard Wordpress Plugin---
When I looked at the results in the TPL player database none of the new player information had been added and I received no warning that there was an error.
If the player was already in the database (Becuase I manually added a couple) Then There information was correct but they were the only ones in the tournament.

----Test Number 2----
I just loaded your sample tournament, which appears to also have a sample database, and chose 5 players from there and did the same steps as above and the same thing happened....

- Mike

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
I wish I could answer this question for you, but unfortunately I cannot.  This is a question for the Poker Leaderboard support staff.  I hate to pass the buck, but this has to do with their product, and honestly I just don't know much about it.  From the TD's perspective, an export was provided in the format that the Poker Leaderboard author specified.  That format has worked fine in the past and hasn't changed, so the issue is on their end.

Again, sorry to pass the buck but there's not much I can help with.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 10:12:06 AM »
Here are the steps that I took:
 --- Added a simple formula for the points--- (n-r+1)
1. Added 5 players to the database including: First name, Last name, and Buy-in Amount ( this are the only fields I filled out for my test tournament)
2. Added the players to the tournament by right clicking and using "Quick Buy-in"
3. Sat the players at a table
4. Started the tournament by countdown
5. knocked each player out
6. At this point I looked at the standing of the tournament and noticed that the winnings amount was right (from the Buy-in I entered) But the points column had zero points for everyone.
7.  I manually added points for each player by double clicking there name and adding points to the "Points" Field.
8. I exported the tournament using the export setting for the TPL

About this part, however: the only thing that is suspect is the points.  You shouldn't have to manually adjust anyone's points if you have a formula entered for Points for Playing.  n-r+1 should have given 5 points to 1st, 4 to 2nd, 3 to 3rd, 2 to 4th, and 1 to 5th.  Unless you entered it incorrectly (resulting in an error) then I don't know why the Points column on the Players tab would show 0 points for everyone.  Just for grins I ran the same scenario.  The Points column on the Players tab updates as each player is busted out.  If you're concerned with this and still have the saved tournament, post it or send it to me and I'll take a look.

muodonovan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »
Attached is a test file for one of the tournaments I am having trouble with. See if you can see what I am doing wrong...The points are 0 but the Cash prize calculation is working

Thanks Corey

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 11:16:29 PM »
The points are correct when I load this tournament.  They are 1, 2, and 3 for players Aaron, Brian, and Craig.  When I edit each player, there's no "Points adjustment" set (correct) and the Income Section shows the points come from the Points for Playing formula.  It seems to be working correctly.  Where are you seeing 0 points?

muodonovan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 12:32:46 AM »
In the prizes tab under points I see 0's for all of their points? Am I looking in the wrong section?

muodonovan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 12:40:22 AM »
Also, Although this is unrelated to this topic, I had initially downloaded the beta-version and then un-installed it and installed the most recent stable version and now for some reason the layouts wont load? I get an error box that says the default template could not load and so it's just blank. If I try and load one of the provided templates it gives me another error.

-Mike

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 11:05:58 AM »
In the prizes tab under points I see 0's for all of their points? Am I looking in the wrong section?

The Prizes tab shows what is awarded for a prize.  The Players tab shows the detailed information on each player, including the points that they've earned.  Look on the Players tab.

APR

• View Profile
    • African Poker Rankings
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 12:03:58 PM »
support@thepokerleaderboard.com

You EXPORT directly from tournament Director, then Import the file you have exported from TD into your wordpress.
works fine..

muodonovan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 02:21:57 PM »
Yes I know that....that is what I did...using the "Poker leaderboard export tab in The tournament Director and it generated an xml file which I uploaded and it does not work fine

Mike

muodonovan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 02:27:53 PM »
Why don't you take the tournament file that I posted above which Corey couldn't find anything wrong with and see if you can get it to upload through your TPL Wordpress plugin.  If it works for you then there must be something wrong with the plugin on my end.  

I have been working on this all week. Getting frustrating becuase there is very little documentation or help forums for the plugin.  I just want to get the damn thing working...

Mike
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:12:17 PM by muodonovan »