Author Topic: How to use barcode scanner to register players  (Read 1865 times)

dniezby

• View Profile
How to use barcode scanner to register players
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:33:19 PM »
I know there are users that do this, could someone outline the steps to using a barcode scanner to sign in players? I have a large event and I want to speed up the registration process.

muodonovan

• View Profile
Re: How to use barcode scanner to register players
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:09:07 PM »
I am interested in this as well...

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 11:20:25 PM »
I'm actually QUITE surprised that this hasn't been answered yet.  I saw someone (a while back) that posted a video of themselves using a barcode scanner and a receipt printer with TD.net and never told us how they did it.

It would be so professional and quick if one could just give their players barcode ID card and, blam - You're registered and seated.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »
I haven't personally done this, but I seem to recall someone somewhere having done just this... I'll see if I can find it, if I can, I'll post a link to the thread as a reply
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 01:42:41 PM »
Here's the best one I could find on here: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=3159.0

In a nutshell: If the scanner doesn't have the software with it, you'll have to find the site. Set up a hotkey to coincide with the scanner, and you should basically be set.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!